Baking Soda x Vinegar? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-13-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Question Baking Soda x Vinegar?

I've heard that you can do a deep clean of a tiled bathtub (mold and grime between the tiles) using vinegar and baking soda.
And then after you make that into a paste and apply it on (I would use an old paint brush) you saran wrap it. Has anyone else done this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-21-2018, 12:57 AM

Na, I haven't tried it yet. But I don't think this will work.
post #3 of Old 11-23-2018, 07:38 AM

I would not bother trying this because there are so many good products (safe ones) out there.

Get IN the huge tub (why do builders love sticking these monsters in new homes?) Dust the outside rim, or ledge, and a foam sponge dampened with an all purpose cleaner does the job well. Then get out of the huge tub and spray on a foaming tub cleaner. IF the tub is used a lot, first remove any soap scum using whatever method works best for you. Let the cleaning solution sit a while, then rinse it off.

My other pet peeve is enormous walk in showers that do NOT have a hand held sprayer. If the shower head is on the FAR wall, to [properly rinse the shower YOU have to take a shower! This irritates me no end. Several of my customers have this situation. Luckily, they both understand the problem and do not expect me to get soaked cleaning their shower! If anyone out there has a good solution, please speak up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-15-2018, 10:27 AM

For huge showers with no sprayer place a bucket under where the water falls and let it fill a bit while you do something else.

Apply your cleaner to the walls.I use dow to cut soap scum and it really works plus it's an aerosol can so I can reach pretty high.

Apply your cleaner and for rinsing dip a sponge mop in the bucket and run it up the walls to rinse.

If you want to dry the walls then toss a towel over the wrung out mop and send it up the wall to towel dry.
post #5 of Old 12-21-2018, 08:56 AM

How do you clean the floor of a huge shower??? I mop them but dont think this is a great idea. And what do you guys do if the huge shower is already wet when you get there? Is it only me who finds walking into someone's shower with their shoes on????
post #6 of Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 AM

I keep my shoes on (sneakers) but I place a heavy towel of mine outside the shower to dry my shoes off before I proceed back into the other rooms. Keeps the bottom of my sneaks clean.
post #7 of Old 12-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Thank you. Thats a pretty good idea. I wear Croc type sandals when I work unless it is cold (rare here).
post #8 of Old 02-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneofTrades View Post
I've heard that you can do a deep clean of a tiled bathtub (mold and grime between the tiles) using vinegar and baking soda.
And then after you make that into a paste and apply it on (I would use an old paint brush) you saran wrap it. Has anyone else done this?

Here's the thing. Vinegar will break down the sealant in the grout. So once you've made it sparkling clean, you will leave the grout susceptible to black mold. Yuck.

I have been using CLR mold and mildew on really built up tile, and use an abrasive grout brush to scrub that stuff out.

I use baking soda to clean the insides of kitchen sinks and it works wonderfully on tea/coffee stains, etc.
post #9 of Old 05-07-2019, 09:23 AM

I've tried it, works fine.
post #10 of Old 05-14-2019, 11:02 AM

Baking soda is actually really good for cleaning couches!
post #11 of Old 05-14-2019, 02:44 PM

Oh I haven't tried vinegar, can anybody say how it works? or how well it works?
post #12 of Old 05-22-2019, 07:07 PM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihi iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
post #13 of Old 05-27-2019, 11:31 AM

I recommend vinegar and water as an everyday cleaning solution for ceramic tile. Works great!
post #14 of Old 06-19-2019, 07:18 AM

I use baking soda, never used vinegar, because i do not like the smell of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode