best cleaning tools - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-16-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

best cleaning tools

what cant you live without? mine has to be antibacterial wipes which i use everywhere and window spray! makes things so shiny and smells soooo nice! i use the window spray on the ballister rail on the stairs. they turn out so shiny and smooth which makes me so happy when i stand there and see the shine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
No antibacterial wipes here. I use essential oils to disinfect surfaces. That's the one thing I can't live without.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 03-16-2008, 06:56 PM

What window spray do you use? And you can use it on other surfaces?

Would love to have an all-purpose spray that makes everything shine!!!

suzi g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-18-2008, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

the window spray i use is just mr muscle stuff? window spray. i have a glass cooker and table and i never clean it with anything else. normally i put it on my trousers whilst im walking around ( feel like a builder with a belt!!) and i just spray it on the paint work such as the rail on the stairs or the window seal. works for me!!

what oils do you use tailoredmaid? never heard of that before.
post #5 of Old 03-18-2008, 09:23 AM

Essential oils. All kinds. It's the essence of a plant.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #6 of Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM

Supprox !!! without a doubt we could not live without it It is a hydrogen perxoide/ citrus cleaner that we get from one of our vendors and it cleans just about everything! It is sold in concentrated form and it costs out to pennies per bottle to use

My next most important tools would be our vacuums, without them we would be lost. I believe in investing in quality vacuums and taking good care of them.
post #7 of Old 03-18-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
Supprox !!! without a doubt we could not live without it It is a hydrogen perxoide/ citrus cleaner that we get from one of our vendors and it cleans just about everything! It is sold in concentrated form and it costs out to pennies per bottle to use

My next most important tools would be our vacuums, without them we would be lost. I believe in investing in quality vacuums and taking good care of them.

Vacuums are key to the business. Good ones cut time=money.

But I have never heard of Supprox, Theresa. I am all into the H2o2 and citrus cleaners. Been here for a while but haven't seen any posts on that product. Where do I find info for it?

suzi
post #8 of Old 03-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Supprox is a product made by Hillyard, it is very similar to H2O2 only we get it for cheaper through the purchasing alliance
post #9 of Old 03-18-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post

I agree 100% on the vacuums. We have gone through two cheapies in the last few months so today we went and bought a good commercial one. We were working today and one of our old ones over heated and quit working! We were really far out in the country and it would not have been convenient to go back and get another one. Luckily after it sat for a while it started back up but had it not we would have been in big trouble. You can't beat a quality, reliable vacuum.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #10 of Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

i love the americans!!!!!!!

the different words they use...
vacums - we say hoovers!!
sidewalk - we say path

thats all i can remember at the mo. my son is watching tweenies and its playing wheels on the bus!!!!! cant think!
post #11 of Old 03-19-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiebunny View Post
the window spray i use is just mr muscle stuff? window spray. i have a glass cooker and table and i never clean it with anything else. normally i put it on my trousers whilst im walking around ( feel like a builder with a belt!!) and i just spray it on the paint work such as the rail on the stairs or the window seal. works for me!!

what oils do you use tailoredmaid? never heard of that before.
Here is a site you might want to look at:

http://www.wellingtonfragrance.com/E...3eefd2g$C6$CA$

Click on the oil for a description. You can order from there.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #12 of Old 06-17-2011, 12:19 AM

CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC.There are more expensive vacuums out there that may do a better job in terms of suction, but I find vacuums like TriStar.It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure.
post #13 of Old 06-19-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
Essential oils. All kinds. It's the essence of a plant.
Torrey
It is difficult to find any science on using essential oils but care should be taken before using "All kinds"
Some may be dangerous to animals and people. Some are.
Pine oil, one of the big names, is not that effective against the growth of microorganisms like Staph, Strep, Klebs and other.

If you dilute then with water remember, they are oil, and will not form an emulsion. They will separate and that first squirt from a bottle will probably be most of the oil.

Most smell good but remember that at the far extreme, you get an essential oil on you when you brush past a poison oak bush.
post #14 of Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromHC View Post
It is difficult to find any science on using essential oils but care should be taken before using "All kinds"
Some may be dangerous to animals and people. Some are.
Pine oil, one of the big names, is not that effective against the growth of microorganisms like Staph, Strep, Klebs and other.

If you dilute then with water remember, they are oil, and will not form an emulsion. They will separate and that first squirt from a bottle will probably be most of the oil.

Most smell good but remember that at the far extreme, you get an essential oil on you when you brush past a poison oak bush.
I absolutely agree! That's why I'm always careful with my choice

post #15 of Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy_cleaner:) View Post
At Busy Bee Cleaning Service we use the best products to make your office spotless.Busy Bee Cleaning Service
That's twice.

I hope the moderator is aware that you are offering no help and pushing your business.
post #16 of Old 07-19-2011, 05:25 PM

The Steamer. Helps me every single time.

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #17 of Old 07-21-2011, 12:19 PM

Response

I love scrubbing bubbles.

www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #18 of Old 07-27-2011, 01:44 PM

I am in love with the green cleaning methods and techniques. So, my best cleaners are in my fridge.
post #19 of Old 07-27-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalnelon View Post
CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC.There are more expensive vacuums out there that may do a better job in terms of suction, but I find vacuums like TriStar.It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure.

HUH? A little off topic?
post #20 of Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 AM

We bought a new vacuum cleaner recently too. I am a bit obsessed with it because it is really powerful and I cannot imagine the housekeeping without it. So that is the best cleaning tool for me. Of course, it is not effective for stains but... I would certainly love to hear what products do you use for your washing machine for white clothes. This isn't off topic, is it?

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode