Which is the best "Green Cleaning Product" - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Which is the best "Green Cleaning Product"

I'm writing an article about Green Cleaning Products and I thought before I conclude it I'll ask CleaningTalk community. Which is the best green cleaning product?

White Vinegar
Baking Soda
Lemon Juice
Hydrogen Peroxide

I know you can mix them to make different cleaning products but which one do you reckon is more useful out of those four?

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-13-2011, 12:56 AM

In now day, Green cleaning is on boom. By this scheme we can contribute to make a safe environment.
you have added a good example of green cleaning product.

post #3 of Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM

Looking around online, I found a ton of uses for vinager (apple cider, white and distilled). I got alot of great ideas while looking around too. Good luck with your article.

www.discountcleaningproducts.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-17-2011, 02:07 PM

Household Green Cleaning Products

You hear people saying how good things like vinegar and water, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide clean but I still say that if you want to make pickles, then vinegar is must.

When selecting green cleaning prodcuts, there are a number of manufactured products that will clean much better simply because that is what they are designed to do, not make pickles.

As far as which is best, it depends on what you want to clean. Take floors as an example, the best product I have found is Super Shine All. Netural pH, pleasant fragrance, cleans great and priced reasonably.

The Cleaning Consultant
Cleaning Solutions and Information
post #5 of Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

for some types of stain Bleach Liquid is the beast and for some types of cleaning Baking soda, Vinegar are best, it depends upon the situtation of cleaning.
gift | Food | Relationship | Girl friend | Boy friend | Pregnancy | Vegetables | Clean | Milk | Exercises
post #6 of Old 06-28-2018, 03:27 PM

Lemon juice is the best and unbeatable by my opinion

My best friend just had a baby, and she's my age. So I'm a godmom now, which is crazy. grin:
post #7 of Old 07-02-2018, 01:13 AM

Below is a list of Good Housekeeping’s “Winning” Green Products, all of which can be found in local stores or online:

Laundry Detergents

The new eco-friendly product from Arm & Hammer, Essentials 2X Concentrated, was rated best. Good Housekeeping notes that the product “was particularly effective at washing in cold water, with top scores for removing ink, mascara, wine, gravy, and grape juice stains. Purex Natural Elements worked almost as well, and was less expensive.

Dishwashing Liquids

I liked Planet Ultra Dishwashing Liquid the best. it cleaned the most,

All-Purpose Cleaners

Of the ready-to-use products we have use in the past, Sun & Earth All Purpose Spray Cleaner cut through grease best, especially on countertops. Green Works Natural All-Purpose Cleaner from Clorox was a close second at a lower price.
post #8 of Old 07-02-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaning Consultant View Post
You hear people saying how good things like vinegar and water, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide clean but I still say that if you want to make pickles, then vinegar is must.

When selecting green cleaning prodcuts, there are a number of manufactured products that will clean much better simply because that is what they are designed to do, not make pickles.

As far as which is best, it depends on what you want to clean. Take floors as an example, the best product I have found is Super Shine All. Netural pH, pleasant fragrance, cleans great and priced reasonably.

LOL! Pickles indeed. I agree with you on this.. I use Myers Clean Day all purpose cleaner. This company makes ALL of its products to be "green" and safe to use. Method is okay but I dont their smell as much. Honest Co is okay too.
post #9 of Old 07-03-2018, 10:28 PM

True nothing beats nature, both sometimes nature needs some boost.
post #10 of Old 07-11-2018, 10:30 PM
SNC

We have found that vinegar and baking soda does wonders at almost any cleaning tasks.
post #11 of Old 07-12-2018, 05:52 PM

Lemons are NOT cheap, even here in Florida. Get real on this one.

I like Meyer's Clean Day all purpose cleaners. They smell great, clean very well, and can be diluted easily so they are not costly. My local Publix supermarket carries it and so does Target.

Method makes some decent all purpose - safe - cleaners as well. All are touted to be "green" and environmentally safe.
I just dont prefer to use them because their scents do not appeal to me.

Use products you enjoy using! Stop fussing so much about if products are green, okay? Use products you feel are safe for you and your customers, and always do the best job you can. Get realistic about this and you will be a happier cleaner.
post #12 of Old 07-13-2018, 09:51 PM

Most green products are garbage. I worked for a large government agency for 10 years and they tried the green products. Everyone complained they were junk and we sent them all back to the supplier. Bring back the old Speedball product. That stuff cleaned anything it touched. Some of the best regular products not green are at the dollar stores. Been cleaning 25 years and I've used it all
post #13 of Old 07-14-2018, 08:18 AM

People use what they think works for them the best. And hopefully, they all are using SAFE products! Our goal should be to get the home, office or whatever, clean as possible and smelling fresh as well. And do it all safely and efficiently.
post #14 of Old 07-14-2018, 05:31 PM

Best cleaners I've used and they're not green are Windex with Ammonia, Spic and Span, Comet, and a thick acid bowl cleaner from any grocery store. I've never seen a bowl cleaner that's non acid that cleans anything. It sounds great to a customer that you're using a green product but when you have a ring in the toilet they'll surely see it. In the old days we used commercial floor stripper with ammonia so strong you needed lots of ventilation. It got the job done. Now we just add ammonia to the stuff we get. Another product we still use is bleach. Bleach to people means clean. Why? Perhaps because their mother or grandmother used it and they associate that smell with clean. I have people ask if we will please use bleach in the restrooms. Whatever works for you, that's what works for us and our customers seem to still prefer. We don't do residential and don't plan to head down that road anytime soon.

Last edited by blindowl1234; 07-14-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo
post #15 of Old 07-14-2018, 05:53 PM

LOL! You have a point. However, I try not to use bleach, for MY health. H2O2 all purpose cleaners work just as well and are not toxic to you or anyone.

I too use Windex with ammonia. Why? Because it seems to clean glass a bit better than other stuff. I would be willing to try something else without ammonia if anyone has ideas.

Yes. Some older people have the idea that bleach is wonderful. I dont. But in a few cases, I will use it if only to keep the customer happy. It can be a fine line we walk on. Keeping customers pleased is our goal.
post #16 of Old 07-14-2018, 07:13 PM

I make my own glass cleaner~The BEST!
1 Lg. Rubbing Alocohol-91%
1 Gallon Water
post #17 of Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 AM

Gayelynn,
I lost your email address. Can you send it to me again? Thanks!

I am having minor finger surgery this week. Been putting off for a year by using a metal finger splint at night. I have a trigger finger and have had them before so I DO know what it is. UGH, I have to be at the hospital at 6 am. I do not do early well! The surgery doesnt worry me but you never know how anesthesia will affect you.
Annie
post #18 of Old 09-06-2018, 05:11 AM

Vinegar is the best solution Green Cleaning Products.I like to use vinegar.
post #19 of Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 AM

Another product to use is Borax. It scrubs very well. Does a good job on stainless steel sinks.
post #20 of Old 09-14-2018, 08:48 AM

hydrogen peroxide and baking soda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode