Best Microfiber Cloths - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-30-2015, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Best Microfiber Cloths

Hi I'm looking for really nice microfiber cleaning cloths. I have used Quickie (I bought at Home Depot) & Eurow (which I think are the same ones that Costco sells). They're ok but I'm looking for nicer ones even if they're more expensive (I'll be careful with them & use them more carefully). Any ideas as to the nicest ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-30-2015, 02:38 PM

You are looking for 'nice' ones but are you treating the ones you have now nice? How do you launder them and what problem are you having with them?
post #3 of Old 10-30-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

The ones I have now aren't picking up that great. They leave lint. I wash them on hot & put them in the dryer after without fabric softener,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-30-2015, 07:46 PM

No matter what type you buy, if you dry them in a clothes dryer, you will kinda mess them up. I bought the ones from WalMart several years ago. At first we hung them all up in the basement (3300sf basement at that time) but I have put them in the dryer for a good 10 years now.... although they aren't like new, they still do a great job without much lint at all.

The problem might be your dryer. I owned a used appliance store so I know a little about dryers. What brand do you have?
post #5 of Old 10-31-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

I have a frigidaire top loader with no central agitator and a frigidaire dryer. It's a laundry center - had to get something to fit in my condo's laundry closet. Before that I was washing them at the laundromat. Could be that the machines, combined with the dryer heat contributed to their earlier demise.
post #6 of Old 10-31-2015, 12:26 PM

How old is the building you live in?

The heat probably did them in but I bet the building you live in is part of the problem.... is it over 5 years old? More important.... has someone, anyone, you or someone else lived in YOUR condo for atleast 5 years? It doesn't have to be 5 years straight..... just 5 years of laundry being done from YOUR condo.....?
post #7 of Old 11-01-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

The building was built in 2001. I've been in my condo since 2008. I got a new washer & dryer a few months ago.
post #8 of Old 11-01-2015, 09:45 AM

It would be very wise to see when the last time they cleaned the dryer vent leading outside the building. If it is stopped up.... they all get stopped up if not cleaned.... it can cause the lint to stay in your dryer, your electric bill to be much higher and a very high risk of a fire if stopped up fully.

Every year there are many fires caused by the dryer vent. The air in your new dryer gets up to 190.... then it goes down to 120..... and then goes to 170.... and then goes down to 130 and it keeps doing that over and over until the clothes are dry, so the air gets very hot and can easily start a fire.
post #9 of Old 11-01-2015, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Sprintcar for the info. I'll have to check into that.
post #10 of Old 11-01-2015, 06:57 PM

I order all my microfiber cloths online at Wholesale Microfiber. They have different sizes and colors and are top quality. And the prices are reasonable. I wash them in warm water and hang to dry....never use fabric softener or wash with anything else thats not microfiber. I never put them in the dryer as that will ruin their effectiveness.
post #11 of Old 11-01-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Thank you I'm going to look them up. Thanks for the info
post #12 of Old 11-02-2015, 08:26 AM
J4K

We buy our microfiber cloths at Sam's club, have had very good luck with them.
post #13 of Old 11-02-2015, 01:33 PM

do you guys do color coding where for instance you only use "red" on toilets ?
post #14 of Old 11-02-2015, 01:53 PM
J4K

Yes, red for restrooms, blue for glass, yellow for dusting in gerneral to avoid cross contamination.
post #15 of Old 11-04-2015, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the reply! Do you do commercial cleaning?
post #16 of Old 11-04-2015, 02:34 PM
J4K

Yes we are strictly commercial
post #17 of Old 01-24-2016, 11:57 AM

Rubbermaid makes color coded microfiber cleaning cloths. They are commercial grade.

Blue = mirrors
Green = general cleaning
Yellow = fixture cleaning (sinks, counters)
Red = toilets

Color coding prevents cross contamination.
post #18 of Old 01-24-2016, 01:10 PM

I've had some of mine for 10+ years that I bought from WalMart... how much better would one want?

The real question on your color coded comment would be... do you wash each color alone? If not... what would it matter what color was used to do what if they all get washed in the same water? Just remember... without germs a human will die.
post #19 of Old 01-24-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
I've had some of mine for 10+ years that I bought from WalMart... how much better would one want?

The real question on your color coded comment would be... do you wash each color alone? If not... what would it matter what color was used to do what if they all get washed in the same water? Just remember... without germs a human will die.
I wash them all together and use heavy bleach.

The purpose of color coding is to prevent using a cloth which was used on the toilet from being reused on the bathroom sink, etc.
Bleach in the laundry sanitizes all of them.

I would not use these cloths if I were cleaning kitchen counters or the interior of a refrigerator. I would use white cloths which were dedicated for kitchen use ONLY and washed only with other such clean cloths.
post #20 of Old 01-24-2016, 07:59 PM

And in the end... you are still not germ free. Without germs, a human body dies.

If a bathroom is cleaned in the correct order there would never be a worry about using a rag that was first used on a toilet then on a sink or any other surface. That's why not just anyone can make a lot of money in the cleaning business... it sounds so easy yet it's not.

I guess you are right nowadays though, if you are going to have any workers you better have the towels color coated.... but with the IQ most have it probably won't help anyway. Might better get one of those dog collars that SHOCK and when they do things wrong.... ZAP their (*).

Better get a lot of batteries... you gonna be doing a LOT of zapping......

Last edited by sprintcar93; 01-24-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode