Bi weekly rates - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-29-2015, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Bi weekly rates

Do you quote a cheaper weekly rate when pricing a bi weekly clean?
FE: residential cleaning- $85 weekly
$120 bi weekly
This makes no sense to me, to charge 60 a week to clean every other week or 85 for a weekly clean.
Can some one explain this to me?
I clean the entire home every time. I feel like the bi weekly rate should not be discounted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-30-2015, 08:24 PM

if you clean a house once a week, the house will be less dirty than if you clean it once every two weeks. So if you clean weekly instead of every 2 weeks it'll be easier & faster. That's why you charge $85 for each weekly clean and $120 for biweekly
post #3 of Old 09-30-2015, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, I understand what your are saying. 120$ bi weekly comes out to 60 a wk, which is cheaper than the weekly rate...why wouldn't it be just as much or higher since it takes longer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-01-2015, 01:45 AM

So not true.

If the house is bid at $120 every 2 weeks and they want it cleaned weekly the price for anyone that is smart should be no lower than $105. Personally, I only give a $5 discount so it would be $115 if I bid it. It takes the same amount of time for a good cleaner to clean every other week as it does weekly. If it takes you longer to clean every other week then you don't have a very good routine down for cleaning weekly... in other words you suck at cleaning. The people that drop the price to $60 are the desperate, poor people. And even when I was desperate and poor, I didn't drop it to 1/2 of my bi-weekly price. You will find that if you have a $120 house and you drop it to $60 for weekly you will end up hating to clean that house.
post #5 of Old 10-01-2015, 02:24 AM

Good point Sprintcar. That makes sense.

Raelyn, if you look at the per week cost, weekly service is more expensive because you're getting more frequent service. If you look at the per cleaning cost though the opposite is true - weekly service is less expensive.
post #6 of Old 10-04-2015, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Yes, Frances D. That's what I was saying. I did,t get why my competitors were charging like that.
post #7 of Old 10-04-2015, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Thank you sprint car

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode