Bio-hazard clean-up - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-14-2006, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Bio-hazard clean-up

For years I have considered getting involved death-related cleaning. The type where for whatever reason, someone has expired and this death has casued a mess. I am curious who, if anyone, has done or considered this type of cleaning.

It is not the kind of cleaning you just decide to do...training...very special training...and equipment is needed. If I could find someone doing it, I would like to join them for a feild test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-14-2006, 08:50 PM

Oh man I did a search on this..there are bbs and there are training acadamies...gotta have a strong stomach...the pay I hear is real good but I get quezzy at a couple of magets in a dumbster area so I know I could not do this for a living. Good luck to ya, do a google on the subject I am positive there is a few training school I think there is even a franchise for this. Don't go franchise...your clients need solutions right away they don't care about your logo and how many offices are arounfg the world they need clean up NOW!!!
post #3 of Old 09-14-2006, 08:58 PM

Companies do it hear and nothing required and we do accident cleanup.

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ott View Post

Trust me...something is required...possibly not enforced but required. anytime you deal with blood.....something is required to prevent ilness and spreading of pathogens

I have done tons-o-searches...found schools etc...was looking for someone to go ride with a week or so and make sure I want to pusue this further.
post #5 of Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 PM

Yeah it is a nice business. Now finding employees was a hard deal from what I heard. I actually started dealing with accident scenes when I was 16 so I have had my share. Being my better half also into doing autopsy she wont eat anything with smoke flavoring added, the smell reminds her of the job. I say pursue it because there was that many that are stricly in one state, the most that I know are traveling nationwide.

Nothing required meaning a license from our state from what we researched years ago and was also told by a guy near lansing that does it. The only class that we had was something someone had offered from MIOSHA and the nearby hospital. We use to love watching the F/D wash it all down the storm sewer and onto other areas. Every State is different as long as the federal regulations for disposal and proper recommended EPA cleaning agents are used. Also the employees get their testings from the clinics for hepititus. That was a long time ago though for us things change alot and I also know the other lady who started one had trouble now for insurance since 9-11

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475

Last edited by Dave Ott; 09-15-2006 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Post Lost before added
post #6 of Old 09-15-2006, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your input. We are still a growing forum and often, threads are left an answered...I appreciate your time in reply.
post #7 of Old 08-02-2019, 01:43 AM

Big Salute to all of this forum members.

Last edited by pressurewashing; 08-02-2019 at 02:14 AM.
post #8 of Old 08-07-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ott View Post
We are considering also. It's going to be as grueling as I'm imagining but the payoff is very good from what I understand.

How did you start up with it? How did you get the leads?

Wow just trying that, 'leads', I fell shallow. But I guess the reality is that death is part of life and someone has to do the cleaning.
post #9 of Old 10-09-2019, 01:52 PM

Very good business if you have the stomach for it. If you manage to get 1 contract, you will be busy forever. Deep cleaning a standard house costs 250 euro. Deep cleaning a standard house after a murder costs 1500 euro. I know 2 companies in Dublin that only work with the Police. They make some amount of money. But there is very hard to get in to this market. Very strict rules and mad insurance costs

Commercial & Domestic Carpet Cleaning Services

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode