Busy and Slow Days for Residential Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-19-2016, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Bro

Busy and Slow Days for Residential Cleaning

When are busy and slow days per month?
What is the reason behind busy and slow days?
When are busy and slow months of the year

How does this compare with Commercial Cleaning?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-19-2016, 02:57 PM

Slow days for us were Saturday & Sunday because we were not open on those days.

Busy days were Monday through Friday because we were open on those days.

Busy months were January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December.

Slow months....?? Slow months would = not as much profit so why would anyone do that?

If a residential business owner is smart enough, that person can have work coming in all year long. All they have to do is continue to market. Or, listen to all the nay-sayers and stop marketing and be slow at times.

The reason behind busy days and slow days are lazy owners. Hustle and there won't be any slow days.

When I added on carpet cleaning to my residential cleaning business everyone from the solo guy cleaning 1 job a month to the top brass of Jeff Bishop (IICRC) said January would be a total bust with almost no calls and February would be almost as bad. But me being the hard head that I am, I continued to advertise through November and then through December and then into January and on to February and just kept on and on and on. Guess what? I never had 1 bad month of carpet cleaning. As a matter of fact, my 2nd year in the carpet cleaning business, January was my most profitable month.

Business is what you make it; just like life. There is no reason for a house cleaner to ever be broke. Yep... make all the excuses you (as in anyone who is reading this and wants to disagree) but the real story is.... a house cleaner should never be broke or needing money. If you are a house cleaner and reading this and you are broke.... you do not have your life priorities in the correct order. Time to stop right this second and rearrange.
post #3 of Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 PM

My company focuses primarily on commercial cleaning. We have contracts with offices, supermarkets, government facilities, etc. If you live in a cold climate, expect your busiest months to be winter months. Salt and sand do a number on VCT floors and carpets will take longer to clean, also. So plan on calculating that into any bids you might do during the summer, cutting your rates will result in a loss in winter months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-19-2016, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Bro

Cheers guys! Thanks for the advice and insight, both of you.

sprintcar93 - That makes sense. I apply your example to other things, but I didn't realize it until you brought it up.
post #5 of Old 09-27-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleaningforProfit.com View Post
My company focuses primarily on commercial cleaning. We have contracts with offices, supermarkets, government facilities, etc. If you live in a cold climate, expect your busiest months to be winter months. Salt and sand do a number on VCT floors and carpets will take longer to clean, also. So plan on calculating that into any bids you might do during the summer, cutting your rates will result in a loss in winter months.
post #6 of Old 01-05-2017, 01:01 AM

Re: Busy and Slow Days for Residential Cleaning

I think probably the busy days of residential cleaning would be weekends since we have no outside work to get busy with and the slowest days would be of course weekdays since we have work.
post #7 of Old 02-02-2017, 07:25 PM

January and february are months which are usually slower in terms of the amount of calls we get from marketing
post #8 of Old 02-22-2017, 05:28 PM

Slow days

Our slow time is January and February. We tend to get busier at the end of the month. Each week seems to start out slow with 5-8 jobs a day. Then we are slammed by the end of the week. Thursdays being our busiest day. I think people just want their homes cleaned before the weekend. Especially since people usually have guest over on the weekends.
post #9 of Old 02-24-2017, 04:25 AM

We worked with a lot of landlords to clean their carpets so perhaps not a universal trend, but the 15th and the end of each month was our busiest time of the month!

Baton Rouge based Carpet Cleaner
freshfloorguys.comCall us for a quote
post #10 of Old 02-24-2017, 02:56 PM

Hey i have a quick link that yall might be interested in. This is a little book that will actually show y'all how to clean safely. With out the harsh chemicals. Give it a look. It's totally changed me when you stop and think about the harsh chemicals. Give this a look http://a9f46h2gspmi41c32g29hwcx57.hop.clickbank.net/
post #11 of Old 03-05-2017, 11:35 PM

When are busy and slow days per month?

We CANNOT afford slow days, so they don't exist at all. Every day is a busy that. It's at its peak usually in every festive season.

What is the reason behind busy and slow days?

Busy days because people strive to keep their homes clean in festive season cleaner than a non-festive season. But almost 90% of the people prefer to take AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract), where you get your homes cleaned on quarterly basis, making sure that we do follow ups. So basically, everyday is a busy day. But weekends are a little slow days.

When are busy and slow months of the year?

There is no such month.

post #12 of Old 03-14-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B0 B0B View Post
Our slow time is January and February. We tend to get busier at the end of the month. Each week seems to start out slow with 5-8 jobs a day. Then we are slammed by the end of the week. Thursdays being our busiest day. I think people just want their homes cleaned before the weekend. Especially since people usually have guest over on the weekends.
I would have to agree, same here.
post #13 of Old 08-31-2017, 04:53 AM

Tom's Curtain Repair Australia provides wide range of curtain repair and curtain cleaning services
post #14 of Old 08-31-2017, 05:30 AM

We'll get to high- and low-traffic areas in any room of your house, so the carpet will look even and clean all over. Lotus Cleaning will transform your dirty carpets into something you can be proud of! And please do not forget us when it comes to tile cleaning, area rug cleaning, upholstery cleaning and wood floor cleaning. We can cover all your cleaning needs.
post #15 of Old 08-31-2017, 05:31 AM

For a free home consultation and demonstration of our residential and commercial carpet cleaning services, call us to meet with one of our professional technicians.
post #16 of Old 10-17-2017, 06:10 AM

Busy days are winters' days and summers' days are slow!
post #17 of Old 10-18-2017, 09:03 AM

Here in Florida, winters are busier. Fridays - if I were three people instead of one, I could easily do6 jobs a day on Fridays. EVERYONE wants their home cleaned on Friday!!!! I made a rule for myself to try very hard NOT to work on weekends. The only time I break this rule is if I find a good, one-tome cleaning job, and I charge more for weekends in any case. I need rest too, and I need to clean my OWN home! LOL!!! The Cleaning Lady with a grubby house isnt my idea of professional.
post #18 of Old 12-22-2017, 01:51 AM

January expected to be slow. At least here, in Los Angeles, CA
post #19 of Old 12-22-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingraccoons View Post
January expected to be slow. At least here, in Los Angeles, CA
I happen to really like raccoons. But may I ask why you chose this name??? It is kind of cool.
post #20 of Old 01-03-2018, 10:00 PM

You can always hand door hangers with specials. It's a cheap effective way to market.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode