Can Anyone Help Me Identify A 3M Cleaner?? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Can Anyone Help Me Identify A 3M Cleaner??

Hi! I'm new here and not involved in cleaning professionally, but I do have a bit of a fascination with some aspects of it.

Anyway, several years ago, when I was in IT, there was this 3M branded cleaning solution that they had in the office. I found that it was AMAZING for cleaning up filthy keyboards and for whatever reason I never bothered to write down what it was. I'm hoping that someone can help me identify it.

It came in a very plain, "industrial" look bottle-- no flash, just text and a 3M logo. It was a grayish, plastic spray bottle, not an aerosol can.

The odor was fairly plain-- definitely not scented to make it more pleasant for home cleaning or anything. It didn't really smell like anything I was familiar with; I don't know if this is going to make sense, but it smelled vaguely like seashells (this could be such an idiosyncratic description that it doesn't actually aid in identification, but I thought I'd throw it out there). It also could make me cough. that kind of surprised me because it didn't have a strong "burning" smell like some harsh cleaners.

Like I said, it was exceptionally good at cleaning the grime off of keyboards. I could just put a drop on a key, wipe it off, and it would take all of the scum with it. Is it possible that this was an old packaging of TroubleShooter? I was reading the description of that and it sounds like pretty harsh stuff.

I know that this is kind of a silly question, but I could really use something this good again!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-05-2011, 01:55 AM

Contact 3M or a janitorial store.
3M is a bit slow but they always get back to you.
post #3 of Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Sorry, I tried doing a Google search and got nothing. It's possible that it's been discontinued. I would follow MikeFromHC advice and try contacting 3M.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode