Charity Work - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-07-2006, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Charity Work

Has anybody done some good charity work lately? Post some picks and this means anything. Also this includes every type of cleaning project, and every other project that you may have done. Maybe you attempted to cut down a tree for a neighbor and it fell on the other neighbors. Well at least you got the tree down for the one neighbor, and then you where able to do some roof charity work for the other neighbor.

Even if you don't have a pick I want to here about it. Come on Scott K we know you do good things.

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-07-2006, 05:42 PM

Yes,we do a lot of what I call drive by washings.If we find out someone in the community needs their house cleaned and can not afford it because of special circumstances(recent illness,hospital stay,special needs kids things that put and adverse drain on a home owner financially.)
We try to schedule most of these when we know the home owners won't be home for several hours and git-r-done.We don't leave any trace of who we are,they just come home to a clean house.Sometimes the home owners do find out who we are and always offer to pay and are very appreciative.It's something we do for the joy of helping someone else.We have always hoped that if it were one of our family members in need someone would step up to help them.
We tried for 12 last year,but I really do know if we made it there.I don't write those jobs on the books and lose track.
Just passing forward the blessings we have received.

Last edited by Karvonen's Pro Clean; 07-07-2006 at 05:48 PM.
post #3 of Old 07-07-2006, 05:43 PM

I provide Pressure Washing Services for the Great American Cleanup here each year. Parks and such. Sometimes the city calls about an eyesore that has been complained to code enforcement. They look into it and find that it is a Senior or Low income Resident. I go out and clean for free.

I also provide a man and a pressure washer for the high school fund raising car washes.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-11-2006, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Both you guys are great. Anybody else out there that has done some charity work.

Dave Ott 800-861-6475
post #5 of Old 07-11-2006, 07:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
no picks but did a great little church job they had 22 members ,mostly old people ,felt great to see them so happy
post #6 of Old 07-11-2006, 09:11 PM

I think good things come to those who give and do so freely without strings or promotional motives attached. People can see someone who is genuine.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #7 of Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

That is awesome Russ

I totally agree Nathan

Dave Ott 800-861-6475
post #8 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ott View Post
That is awesome Russ

I totally agree Nathan
it really does my heart good to help people especially the elderly....i had an 81 yearold little lady that made me a cake while i was doing her house and drive.....thought i almost teared up ..... she was friends with my grandmaw who passed away 16 years ago and remembered that my grandmaw made me cakes all the time ....such a sweet jesture
post #9 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:17 AM

I just hate when people do charity work just for a publicity stunt. It seems worse than if they had done nothing at all. Large corporations do this stuff all the time for photo ops and stuff.

It's great just to do the right thing for not other reason then it's the Right thing to do.

Nathan

post #10 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I just hate when people do charity work just for a publicity stunt. It seems worse than if they had done nothing at all. Large corporations do this stuff all the time for photo ops and stuff.

It's great just to do the right thing for not other reason then it's the Right thing to do.
I doubt the recipient of the charity thinks it would be better if they did nothing at all.

Sure, corporations do this, and most have money budgeted for this as a a part of their marketing/PR efforts. Nothing wrong with that....Just don't pretend you're something special because you donated $50k to some charity so you could look good.

Then again, I don't pretend to know the motives and intentions of every corporation and/or corporate executive.
post #11 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ s View Post
no picks but did a great little church job they had 22 members ,mostly old people ,felt great to see them so happy
I paid my employee a full week to wash our church property...all the sidewalks, bumper stops, building, etc. Fairly large complex. It was a slow week, so it kept her busy (she's also a member) and gave me the satisfaction of keeping our church looking great!
post #12 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 AM

post #13 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:51 AM

Good stuff Mike... You got to give in two ways. Keep employees busy and paid and help the church.

Nathan

post #14 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 AM

i love to do the stuff sometimes its easier than others but no matter when i always feel good about the gift......and never brag about it a selfless act is one from the heart
post #15 of Old 07-16-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Williamson View Post
I doubt the recipient of the charity thinks it would be better if they did nothing at all.

Sure, corporations do this, and most have money budgeted for this as a a part of their marketing/PR efforts. Nothing wrong with that....Just don't pretend you're something special because you donated $50k to some charity so you could look good.

Then again, I don't pretend to know the motives and intentions of every corporation and/or corporate executive.
Charity work is great and your intentions were too!
However, most churches are not poor and by the sound of the size of the one you worked on for a week, it's probably closer to rich!
I prefer to give to poor old ladies, poor families and not for profit organizations designed to help others-like free clinics etc.
That's just my opinion of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode