Cleaning Business Software Question - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-15-2006, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Cleaning Business Software Question

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with software to run a cleaning business ?

I am looking for a program that will schedule appointments, do invoicing, track customers etc. Just basic stuff to help run my business. I looked at software called "Operations" from pcom-software. Here's the website
HTML Code:
http://www.pcom-software.com
. The demo copy looked pretty slick but I wanted to see if anybody had good experiences with any other packages that I should consider before I buy it. Thanks !!

Last edited by mrcarpetcleaner1; 09-15-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-16-2006, 05:49 PM

RE: Cleaning Business Software Question

We use Outlook to schedule appointments and manage contact info. Then I use an Exel Doc in my pda to do the quote and print it on a portable printer at the custy's home.
post #3 of Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Try www.servicemoutain.com

It's free and can do what you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-18-2006, 01:54 PM

Here's the link again. Keth typoed it.

http://www.servicemountain.com/

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #5 of Old 09-18-2006, 02:34 PM

Who is or has tried service mountain?I have some reservations about an online program like this.Mostly security related.
I have looked the site over numerous times and it has some great feature.I'm just not sure I like the fact that someone other thna me can get to my customers info.
post #6 of Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvonen's Pro Clean View Post
Who is or has tried service mountain?I have some reservations about an online program like this.Mostly security related.
I have looked the site over numerous times and it has some great feature.I'm just not sure I like the fact that someone other thna me can get to my customers info.
Scott and/or Angela,

The website has an SSL Certificate signed by Godaddy.com, for 256 bit encryption. To the best of my knowledge 256 bit encryption is the best encryption available and has never been cracked. You can view their certificate on the customer login page.
I believe I'm going to give it a try.

John W.
Superior Pressure Washing
Fayetteville, GA
post #7 of Old 09-18-2006, 05:41 PM

John,
Coming from you I know that I'm good to go if or when I use service mountain.To date I have done all of the invoices,scheduling and stuff through multiple programs that are okay,bt I know there is better available without dropping a small fortune.
post #8 of Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Here's the link again. Keth typoed it.

http://www.servicemountain.com/

Thanks Michael. My fingers don't work so well sometimes.

As for ServiceMountain.com I don't have a problem with their security but I don't put my customers credit card info into their profile. Any system can be hacked and I am not worried about names and addresses but credit card numbers make me nervous.

Best of luck.
post #9 of Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 AM

http://www.servicemountain.com/ is very interesting. I'm going to have to contact them and find out more info.

For those who have used them.... what do you think of their application?

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #10 of Old 09-20-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
http://www.servicemountain.com/ is very interesting. I'm going to have to contact them and find out more info.

For those who have used them.... what do you think of their application?

Nathan,

I filled out the application and by the next day I had access (yesterday was my first day). Their interface looks very easy to navigate and to top it off, they have very good tutorials so far. I have not actually entered any relevant data yet, so I can't really tell you much more. As for the application itself, I don't really have a problem with it. I think they are more or less just curious as to who is using their web app. so they can tailor it for more catagories, etc.

John W.
Superior Pressure Washing
Fayetteville, GA
post #11 of Old 09-20-2006, 03:10 PM

I just don't understand how they are making money or how they will support themselves if they start growing.

Are their ads in the program? Do they have a privacy policy in place? Maybe they are selling your info or something...

Nathan

post #12 of Old 09-21-2006, 07:08 AM

That's my problem with this type of operation (nothing in life is Free). What are they doing with our info.? What happens with our info. if they go belly up? How do we retrive info if this happens? Nathan let us Know what you find out. sound almost to good. you Know what is said about what sounds to good to be true.
post #13 of Old 09-22-2006, 08:45 AM

I got in contact with the guy and we are going to talk next week.
He said they do have a model to make money over time but never to charge a fee. That's about all I know so far.

Maybe advertising dollars?

One thing that stands out to me is they don't have a privacy policy posted on their website so they either forgot to add it or they are selling your info... that's my 2 cents anyways. Maybe I just missed it.

Example: Here is our Privacy Policy

Nathan

post #14 of Old 10-07-2006, 04:11 PM

Software

I am in the market for the same type of software. I am just in the research stage. Has anyone heard of ServiceCEO The price is $995. and $300. anual fee.
post #15 of Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 PM

Nathan,
Did you ever talk with the guys from service mountain?We want details if you did.
post #16 of Old 10-07-2006, 10:55 PM

You know what... I need to dig up that email. He was at a conference and we said we would touch base the next week but I forgot.

Thanks for the reminder!

Nathan

post #17 of Old 10-08-2006, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
I am in the market for the same type of software. I am just in the research stage. Has anyone heard of ServiceCEO The price is $995. and $300. anual fee.
ServiceCEO was touted as the software to beat all software on another residential board ** until recently when just about every member who bought into it started to complain that the system was hard to work with. (**of Course ServiceCEO was a major contributer to the site)
post #18 of Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
ServiceCEO was touted as the software to beat all software on another residential board ** until recently when just about every member who bought into it started to complain that the system was hard to work with. (**of Course ServiceCEO was a major contributer to the site)
Hmmmm, what site are you talking about? I would like to check it out.

ServiceCEO does buy advertising on my other site www.ContractorTalk.com (Disclaimer ) but we NEVER censor what people can or cannot say about a product or service even if they are a sponsor. Actually that is the whole reason Service Magic will not advertise on ContractorTalk.com... because they have read the posts about them and I won't edit them.

Nathan

post #19 of Old 10-08-2006, 01:49 PM

ARCSI - they are a paid membership only organization for residential cleaners
post #20 of Old 10-08-2006, 02:05 PM

Ah, thanks for the info.

Nathan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode