Cleaning floor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By comforum24

post #1 of Old 01-15-2020, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Red face Cleaning floor

What you suggest which tool or vacuum cleaner is best for cleaning hardwood floor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-14-2020, 03:50 PM

Conform24... While I don't have any hardwood floor customers I do have 1 customer with a pergo type flooring. I use a dry mop-microfiber pad that has a short loop and it works well. I have used a stick vacuum attached to a vacuum brush floor tool which worked ok, make sure to clean the brush tool to remove hair & other debris caught in the bristles. Brad BD janitorial
These are the DRY MOP Pads I use from Amazon

"Eyliden 2 Pack 24" Mop Pads Microfiber Hardwood Floor Cleaning Pads
post #3 of Old 02-15-2020, 10:55 AM

This is a kind of strange question. Any decent vacuum cleaner will work fine on wood floors. The problem is what cleaning product you use to mop them, and HOW you mop them. Buy a reputable hardwood floor cleaner, and use only soft cloths on your mop head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-16-2020, 12:30 AM

Hard floor attachment

Just make sure they are leaving marks on the floor from wheels or skids underneath them.
Gulpers seem to work well and quickly.
Again, just be careful they don't leave rubber from wheels etc.
post #5 of Old 02-16-2020, 12:20 PM

What is a gulper?
post #6 of Old 02-16-2020, 03:06 PM

Floor attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannienow View Post
What is a gulper?
One of these guys.

Hope that works, Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gulper.jpg (28.2 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of Old 02-17-2020, 10:32 AM

That appears to be a vacuum cleaner head of some sort. How is it different from others?
post #8 of Old 02-18-2020, 01:16 AM

Thumbs up cleanupcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannienow View Post
That appears to be a vacuum cleaner head of some sort. How is it different from others?
They are very quick as opposed to normal heads.
They swivel easily to change directions and get into corners etc.
Good for commercial stuff using a backpack.
post #9 of Old 11-24-2020, 03:15 AM

If the surface is not that difficult, then it is best to use a robot vacuum cleaner. I just love using robotic vacuum cleaners because it is very convenient and saves a lot of time. The variety of robot vacuum cleaners on the market is simply huge and it is difficult to choose one model, but for me my favorite is the Irobot Roomba 675 robot vacuum cleaner. I read about this vacuum cleaner at this site and very soon this vacuum cleaner was already cleaning in my house because I really liked its characteristics, and then exactly how it cleans. The coolest thing is that it can also be configured using a smartphone.

post #10 of Old 11-27-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comforum24 View Post
What you suggest which tool or vacuum cleaner is best for cleaning hardwood floor?
Since you are looking for a hard-floor vacuum cleaner, here's a source you might check. The author focused on vacuum cleaners suitable for both hardwood and carpets here.
https://vacuumsadvisor.com/best-vacu...rs-and-carpet/
post #11 of Old 12-04-2020, 09:07 AM

Cleaning Floor

I don't recommend a vacuum cleaner for hardwoord floors. We have been cleaning houses since 1997 and found the best cleaning solution is a wide microfibre flat mop. Moisten the microfibre by spraying it with gentle soap and water. You don't need it to be very wet to pick up the dirt and dust. If it is too wet when the water dries it will leave streaks. Upright vacuums are not meant for hardwoor floors. I hope that helps.
post #12 of Old 12-04-2020, 10:29 PM

Thanks
post #13 of Old 12-09-2020, 07:05 AM

I tried different once, but Dyson for me is the best one for any flooring. Also, you can use a steam mop to make them even cleaner
post #14 of Old 12-16-2020, 10:50 PM

If you specifaclly want to know the name of vacuum cleaner for hardwood floor cleaning, I will definitely name Hoover UH73510, Dyson V11, BISSELL CrossWave. There are many such vacuums, which are good for floor cleaning. I mentioned a few names here. And obviously, vacuum cleaners are better than any other tool for hardwood floor cleaning.

Peter
post #15 of Old 12-17-2020, 12:58 AM

I have been using Dettol floor cleaner to wipe the floors clean once I've vacuumed off the dust. So far the results have been positive.
post #16 of Old 12-19-2020, 01:01 PM

So, any vacuum will work, even SOME uprights. However, any vacuum you use needs to have the ability to turn off the beater bar(the rotating bar for carpet). Otherwise you'll be kicking stuff out behind the vacuum and potentially scratching the floors.

As for moping:

Get a Swifter, toss out the wasteful pads that come with it. Get some microfiber cleaning cloths, they work great on Swifters. Get a small spray bottle, fill it like 90% full with water then add a small amount vinegar. Rinse the cleaning cloth every like 5 feet and squeeze as much water as you can out of it. Spray the floor with the vinegar solution ..then mop.

ALWAYS work in like 5 foot segments. Cleaning more floor then this will just leave streaks of dirty water.

You could also just use a small squirt of dish soap honestly.

NEVER use Murphy's Oil soap on hardwood floors. The bottle says that is what is is for but, it will leave a residue on the floor over time. The company that makes it has even said in letters to people that you shouldn't use it on floors but..... they still market it that way. It's so annoying.
post #17 of Old 12-22-2020, 07:35 AM

A good vacuum cleaner like Eureka, iRobot, Bissel are good choice for cleaning floor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode