Cleaning grease - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Cleaning grease

Not your ordinary grease from this morning or yesterday, or even last week.

I'm talking about the stuff you find that has been there since school started last year and you are doing a move out.
It looks and feels a lot like a piece of plastic and I've found nothing that will dissolve it and I've tried a lot of stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM

What surface type is it on?
post #3 of Old 04-13-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardFarns View Post
What surface type is it on?
In general hard surfaces. The stove itself, the exhaust fan, occasionally on hoods, and I've seen it on popcorn poppers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 AM

Grease build up on the stovetop or counter top can be a bear to remove – unless you’re using the right cleaner.
post #5 of Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agricon07 View Post
Grease build up on the stovetop or counter top can be a bear to remove Ė unless youíre using the right cleaner.

Kind of figured that part out already. Would you have any idea what the right kind of cleaner is?
post #6 of Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM

We use sodium hydroxide, 97% pure
post #7 of Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 AM

Removing grease from stove top or counter top is an easy task when you know how. Other than that there are commercial products designed to remove oil and grease, you can also consider using it.
post #8 of Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 AM

We have always had fantastic luck using a product like citrus solve. We have a carpet cleaning company so most of our experience is with carpet, but sometimes when we need to clean grease off of the hoses or off of the machine or some other random thing, I will take a bit of citrus solve on a rag, and just rub it right off. I believe the active ingredient is just Dlimeone which is basically a naturally occurring solvent that is extracted from citrus. i am pretty sure you can get a similar product that is derived from evergreen trees and might cost a bit less.
post #9 of Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM

Usually removing grease stains just require basic greese removal products mixed with some water. If its on a steel surface use a steelwoll to clean it and a rag to wipe it down.
post #10 of Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 PM

Zep citrus degreaser is pretty potent, works well on most types of grease.
post #11 of Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 PM

I'd say if the job is going to be that big of a PITA... just pass on it. There are so many easy, great paying jobs out there, why deal with the PITA's?
post #12 of Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 AM

Baking soda makes a fantastic non abrasive cleaner for cleaning away sticky spattered grease.Baking soda is great for a number home remedies and cleaning uses, and baking soda makes a fantastic non abrasive cleanser for cleaning dried grease spatters from the stove, range hood, and other kitchen appliances.
post #13 of Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 AM

Grease stain is very rigid and it is difficult to clean. But you can try vinegar for removing it.
post #14 of Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 AM

If you have a grease spill that's still wet, you want to make sure you don't spread the grease around while trying to clean it up. You can accomplish this by sprinkling the spot with flour to help soak up the excess oil. Allow the flour to sit on the spot for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, and then sweep or brush off the loose flour before using a paper towel to wipe up the remaining greasy paste. Spray the spot with a grease-cutting kitchen cleaner, and wipe the spot again.
post #15 of Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 AM

If all fails, the last option you have got in here to clean the grease, is to take professional help. This will definitely help you to save your money, time and energy.
post #16 of Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to detailscleaning
When in doubt use SD-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromHC View Post
Not your ordinary grease from this morning or yesterday, or even last week.

I'm talking about the stuff you find that has been there since school started last year and you are doing a move out.
It looks and feels a lot like a piece of plastic and I've found nothing that will dissolve it and I've tried a lot of stuff.
When in doubt use SD-20 by spartan. You can pick it up at a grocery store.
post #17 of Old 10-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Try the cleaning supplies from Akro, a catering equipment company, which provides cleaning and hygiene equipment to many restaurants and commercial businesses. I am sure this grease will be removed.
post #18 of Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Try to remove the affected area with some acid cleanser. You can also try to call a professional and ask for advice. I don't want to give any suggestions because I don't know what is the type of the surface and how bad the situation is. If you give me more details, I will try to help you.
post #19 of Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 PM

agree with MarryJone

I have to agree. Baking soda is great. If its a really tough job and the baking soda with a brush or brillo isn't doing it alone, you can shake on the baking soda, add vinegar and give it dwell time. Another great natural cleaner for stains, not so much grease is a mixture of salt and lemon juice.
You can find many of these tips on our blog at taraspersonalcleaning.wordpress.com/healthy-living-tip-of-the-day

Hope this helps

Gary and Tara
Tara's Personal Cleaning Inc
516-297-0932
Long Island All Natural Home and Office Cleaning
post #20 of Old 10-19-2012, 11:37 PM

Gutter Cleaner Dallas

Your post looks superb . It's just awesome . It helps me on cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode