Cleaning Marble Floors - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By missannienow

post #1 of Old 10-10-2017, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning Marble Floors

Most of my customers have tile, but one has marble tile floors in his two bathrooms. They are easy to clean, BUT my mop leaves water marks on the floor. This doesnt bother the owner but it bothers me. I currently go over it with a dry mop after I clean, but wonder if there is a better way, or a product that wont leave water marks?

Please, no informercials about your product - just tried and true remedies. Thank you!
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-16-2017, 01:19 AM

There are some steps to clean marble floor.

1 Sweep or dry mop the floor to remove surface dust and dirt.
2 Mix 3 tablespoons baking soda and a generous squirt of dishwashing liquid to 1 quart of warm water. As an alternative, use a commercial stone cleaner.
3 Fill a bucket with plain tap water.
4 Dip a soft cloth, nonabrasive sponge or soft-bristled scrub brush into the soapy water and scrub the floor. Rinse the sponge or brush frequently in the plain water, emptying and refilling the container when the water becomes dirty.
5 Measure 1 cup diatomaceous earth, plaster, powdered white chalk or talc. Add water to the powder, stirring constantly, until the paste is the consistency of cake frosting.
6 Wet the stained area with distilled water, and spread a thick layer of poultice paste over stains.
7 Cover each stain with plastic wrap, and tape all the way around the edge with masking tape.
8 Leave the poultice on until dry, approximately 24 to 48 hours.
9 Remove the plastic wrap and wipe the poultice away with a wet cloth or sponge.
10 Apply a commercial stone sealant according to the package directions.

Carpet Cleaning NYC provide emergency 24/7 cleaning services at affordable prices.
http://www.organicrugcleaners-nyc.com/
post #3 of Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Interesting, using DE on a floor. I use it for insect control. In my opinion, however, any sort of abrasive - even mild - could harm a marble floor. And I am not having any trouble CLEANING it - just that the mop leaves watermarks on a shiny, flat surface tile. DE and baking soda are both slightly abrasive.

Any other ideas out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-17-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannienow View Post
Most of my customers have tile, but one has marble tile floors in his two bathrooms. They are easy to clean, BUT my mop leaves water marks on the floor. This doesnt bother the owner but it bothers me. I currently go over it with a dry mop after I clean, but wonder if there is a better way, or a product that wont leave water marks?

Please, no informercials about your product - just tried and true remedies. Thank you!
You can simply try one thing! Just turn on the exhaust while mopping!
post #5 of Old 10-17-2017, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

A bathroom exhaust is NO WAY strong enough to dry a floor that quickly. I usually DO turn it on when I clean a bathroom, so I dont have to breathe in any fumes in a small space. It doesnt dry a thing. Keep trying....
post #6 of Old 10-22-2017, 11:31 PM

Marble floors are stunning and beautifully appealing, so for preserve its beauty by proper cleaning. As marble gets marked swiftly, therefore, you should use hot water and a formulated stone cleaner. We use honing to remove scrapes and etching from stone and marble to make a shiny, reflective surface. Dust or Mop your Marble Floors Regularly.keep sharing.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #7 of Old 10-23-2017, 07:39 PM

This is easy to solve.Make sure your water is clean use a neutral cleaner and wring the mop exceptionally well.If you see any water use a large towel that you will stand on and drag your feet while standing on the towel to dry the bath floor.It will work quick and end up perfect.
http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #8 of Old 10-28-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

LOL! I LOVE that idea! I do that in my own home, if I have just mopped a floor and forgot to get something. Thanks. I do not normally bring a towel but I surely can do this. The odd thing is that the customer doesnt even CARE about the water marks. Only I do, being somewhat of a perfectionist.

By the way, I do not use an ordinary mop, one you can wring out. Ugh! All they do is spread dirty water around! I use a Swiffer mop, but not their icky damp cloths. Ordinary washcloths (white) fit on the mop head perfectly. I mop a smallish area, and when the cloth is still white, it is clean. My customers love the fact that I care about their floors this much.
post #9 of Old 01-03-2018, 10:04 PM

just make sure you don't use an acidic cleaner when cleaning the marble.
post #10 of Old 01-05-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

That is another of my concerns: that companies often do not TELL (on the label) whether it is acidic or not. May ask what pr
post #11 of Old 01-05-2018, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Sorry! Something happened and most of my post went away. What products do you guys use???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode