Commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-10-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning

Was looking into commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning and was wondering if anyone on here does those?

If you do what are general procedures you use? Am in Hamilton New Zealand and if you feel that you would rather keep your procedures privet please message me.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 AM

Commercial Kitchen Cleaning Down Under

Sorry Mighti, my company only covers London. I hate to disappoint you but I think you will have a hard time finding anyone from NZ here.

You are the first member I see from NZ.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #3 of Old 01-12-2011, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Hi Total Clean

I actually wanted to do commercial kitchen exhaust clean.

You know the exhaust over deep friers and gas cook tops.

I have heard that some companies to hot water pressure clean.

Just needed to if anyone here does it and how they do it.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-12-2011, 04:54 AM

I see where you coming from now.

I've heard of this cleaning method using hot pressurized water to clean but unfortunately I don't how effective it is.

Sure someone will come and give you more info on this.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #5 of Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 PM

At one time I knew of a person in hte land of Oz, but I cannot remember his name. I will PM you with more info, if you are set up to recieve PMs

I sent your information to him, the ball is in his court now.

Did you try The Grime Scene?

Last edited by Douglas Hicks; 01-27-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: update comments
post #6 of Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

i totally agree with Mighti! 100%
gift | Food | Relationship | Girl friend | Boy friend | Pregnancy | Vegetables | Clean | Milk | Exercises
post #8 of Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Steam cleaning should also work. I would try the Unilux 3000. It comes with a scrubber that would help loosen up all that grease and grime....

www.discountcleaningproducts.com

Last edited by mandydcp; 01-28-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
post #9 of Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandydcp View Post
Steam cleaning should also work. I would try the Unilux 3000. It comes with a scrubber that would help loosen up all that grease and grime....

And how many of those scrubber things have you sold to exhaust system cleaners? I have friends that would be glad to try one. If it works, they will write you a recommendation. If it does not, they will tell you. What will sodium hydroxide do to it? What will 200F water to do it? How many PSI will it handle? How long is the handle?

Last edited by Douglas Hicks; 01-28-2011 at 11:14 PM.
post #10 of Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 PM

We don't sell the scrubbers seperately; they come as an attachment with the unit. The Unilux 3000 runs off regular household tap water. It is not recommended for use with distilled water. The boiler temp reaches 315 degrees and the has a PSI of 72.
The best thing, I think, about the Unilux 3000 is the lifetime warranty on the boiler-heater element.
If you have any other questions feel free to call us and speak to our customer support team. 888.233.0851

www.discountcleaningproducts.com
post #11 of Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Hi DH

Have had a look at Grime Scene. Looks like there is more to it than meets the eye. One of my guys has done it before but he says its quite messy.

How they use to do it was generally Hot water pressure wash, some sort of shield at the bottom of exhaust to prevent splashing of oil all over the kitchen, water vacuums/suctions.

I am not sure about how to clean the vents.

The Aussie guy hasn't contacted me yet.
post #12 of Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 AM

You need to post exhaust cleaning questions over there. there are only about 6 real pressure washers that have posted here. Of those 6, only 2 or 3 do exhaust work.

Do a search of "In the kitchen". I will admit, a number of us can be rough, especially when new people start to demand all the knowledge some of us have developed over several years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode