Constructive criticism - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Question Constructive criticism

Hi all, about 18 months ago, my wife and I got into the cleaning business. We try to offer a wide variety of services from vacate cleaning to carpet and window cleaning and gardening.
We have recently built a website: crimsonandclover.com.au where we put up a list of all our services and prices.

We would greatly appreciate any comments or criticisms regarding the website, our pricing structure, or anything else.

Cheers
Mike and Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-23-2009, 10:52 AM

I think it looks great! Your true test will be the response you get from customers/potential customers. Good Luck with your business!
post #3 of Old 04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Nia

Looks great. The key is to get traffic. No matter how great your site is, if customers can't find you, it won't generate leads, which results into sales and $$$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 AM

Hi there, I think your website looks fantastic. I noticed that you are from Mandurah, top spot! We moved from Bunbury to Brisbane two years ago.
Good to see that you are with the Independent Lawn Mowing Association, is Dean still running the show? I Knew Dean when we lived in Melbourne when his business was just getting going, how well he has done!

Anyway website looks GREAT and wish you well..
post #5 of Old 04-28-2009, 06:18 AM

Me again, I was just wondering why with your window washing advertising do you price your track cleaning as a separate price? I only ask because people that I have cleaned windows for expect that to be done anyway. So I have incorporated track cleaning in my window cleaning quote to begin with.

Have you come across people that don't require their tracks cleaned when washing windows? Just curious.
post #6 of Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Track Cleaning

Hi Kleen Keeper. Thanks for your feedback. It's interesting that you mentioned that people expect window track cleaning to be done with windows. I have never encountered that expectation till last week when I did a double storey window clean and the lady rang a day later and asked why I didn't clean the tracks. We told her it was a separate job so she booked it in to be done. I can't see how it can be included as sometimes there are no tracks, sometimes tracks can be cleaned in a few minutes and sometimes they take over an hour. In any case, we have cleaned windows on hundreds of homes and only once have I encountered that expectation. Cheers, Mike
post #7 of Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 AM

being a former webdesigner and still do part time as needed for my friends webdesign firm www.widg.com I would say firstly, get rid of that butterfly...get all your fonts uniform... and that color is background needs to change, it really does look hideous. The home page has a big gap about 2/3 of the way down it.

The first thing I see when I look at the site is amateur. You need Dreamweaver to build your site, not the Microsoft webpage builder.

You don't have key words nor metatags... how can you crawl up the search engines if you have none?

Your homepage links need to match the rest of your sites links. Just constructive criticism

Z

Last edited by bluehawaii07; 04-30-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: addendum
post #8 of Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

The Website does have keywords and metatags, and it is the first site that comes up in google and yahoo for the word mandurah and any combination of the other keywords. Not sure what you mean about a gap on the Home page... where exactly is it?
post #9 of Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryfield View Post
The Website does have keywords and metatags, and it is the first site that comes up in google and yahoo for the word mandurah and any combination of the other keywords. Not sure what you mean about a gap on the Home page... where exactly is it?
In between " All enquiries will be answered within 8 hours. " and below

Your keywords are not on each page.

meta name="keywords" content="mandurah cleaning window carpet tile grout cleaner gutter high pressure cleaning commercial">
<meta name="description" content="At Crimson and Clover, we provide professional house cleaning, window cleaning, carpet, Lawn mowing and Gardening Services in the Mandurah area.
">
Get your keywords to match the description and add a few other keywords to include other areas of the profession, not just of what you do either.

The background color really does need to change and so does your homepage. at least get all the pages to look similar by using the same template.
You will be amazed at the difference professional tile and grout cleaning can make.
Enquiries? Send us an instant message:

Your Name Your Email Message
Phone No. (optional) Your Area (Eg. Halls Head) form scripts
post #10 of Old 05-26-2009, 08:21 PM

Good advice

Blue Hawaii07 has some good advice.It nice that you ask others views and can accept them. We have spent thousands on getting help with our business. Your saving yourself from that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode