Crime Scene Cleaning. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-21-2011, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Crime Scene Cleaning.

We are thinking about expanding into the field of crime scene cleanup ups. Any advice as to where to start, and where to advertise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 PM

It might be a good idea to start with the local police station and see if they have some kind of vendor program that you can get on. Some cities / counties will use outside contractors for this type of work. It's worth a shot and worst case scenerio they can probably point you in the right direction!
post #3 of Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mold Tampa Removal View Post
It might be a good idea to start with the local police station and see if they have some kind of vendor program that you can get on. Some cities / counties will use outside contractors for this type of work. It's worth a shot and worst case scenerio they can probably point you in the right direction!
Agreed. Pretty much took the words out of my mouth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 AM

I've heard the money is quite good on CSC but the hard part is to get in, you will need some contacts inside your local police.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #5 of Old 09-30-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

I checked with the local police, and they said they can do nothing. They are not allowed to help one business over another, so they can't involve themselves. What I was told, though, was to call insurance companies, talk to property managers, Home Owner Associations, and funeral homes. I also think I will get a police scanner (is that legal?) and listen in to see when there is a crime scene, and go and offer my services. I also learned I have to take some courses in Hazmat removal/transport, as well as Blood Borne Pathogens.
post #6 of Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM

crime scene cleanup? yikes. you're brave man. seems like you would have to get some serious certifications to do that though
post #7 of Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatosClean View Post
I checked with the local police, and they said they can do nothing. They are not allowed to help one business over another, so they can't involve themselves. What I was told, though, was to call insurance companies, talk to property managers, Home Owner Associations, and funeral homes. I also think I will get a police scanner (is that legal?) and listen in to see when there is a crime scene, and go and offer my services. I also learned I have to take some courses in Hazmat removal/transport, as well as Blood Borne Pathogens.
I don't see why having a scanner would be illegal. If your concerned about it though, the police can always let you know I'm sure. Also, Snell Experts is a nationwide directory for quality restoration companies. CSC would also be a part of that. You have to have at least B+ rating with the BBB though to join. If your interested in looking into it, let me know, and let me know what geographical area you would want to be interested and I will get you some more information.
post #8 of Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM

You will need to get your hazmat and safety classes first before you start offering your services to anyone. My husband and I have looked into this a few times, and unfortunately there are more people out there willing to do it than you might think.
post #9 of Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM

If the money is good, there is always someone willing to do it, no matter what it is lol.
post #10 of Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 PM

I wonder what kind of certifications might be needed to do it?
Not that I'd like to get into that part of business...I'll pass lol

Life Maid Simple 280 Broadway, Suite 202-1, Providence, RI 02903 (401) 533-8074
Cleaning service in RI - House cleaning service in RI - Office cleaning service in RI
post #11 of Old 10-11-2011, 09:11 PM

There is definitely always someone willing to do it. Unfortunately, we had a family tragedy and needed their services and several companies contacted us before we ever started looking into it. Must be highly competitive in some areas.
post #12 of Old 10-19-2011, 01:36 PM

I guess that you also need to have a very good reputation in the business and many connections to be able to get in touch with such "customers"! Good look!
post #13 of Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitsparkle View Post
There is definitely always someone willing to do it. Unfortunately, we had a family tragedy and needed their services and several companies contacted us before we ever started looking into it. Must be highly competitive in some areas.
I would imagine that there isn't that much competition outside of the major cities, though inside i'm sure its competitive. But with the higher crime rates, there is also more work available, so it probably balances out.
post #14 of Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatosClean View Post
The guys from the police certainly can't do anything to help you get in CSC, it's really the insurance companies that you have to talk to. Good Luck.

P.S.: Your idea for the CSC is very good!

I love cleaning and gardening!
post #15 of Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 PM

I thought CSC just referred to legitimate crime scenes. I didn't realize that it was that in depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealborow1 View Post
Crime scene cleanup is a term applied to any situation involving biological cleaning and or health concerning issues. Such issues may include:

Clandestine methamphetamine laboratory contamination
Flood and sewage backups
Suicides
Homicides
Human decompositions
Hoarding (pack rat houses)
Bird or rodent droppings (hantavirus/histoplasmosis dangers)
Toxic mold, spore, and fungus remediation
Distressed property remediation (unfit for habitation)
Animal and pet odors
Biological terrorism
Mass casualty scenes
Police chemicals usage
Disease outbreaks

Thanks,
Toronto life insurance
post #16 of Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 PM

I know this company cleansiterestoration.com they are biggest in crime scene cleanup, suicide cleanup and blood cleanup in California. What you can use is to go to their website and see the list of licenses you need to operate business like this. I also know they help others with advice how to open similar kinda of business in lead exchange. So the long story short, you can call them and ask any questions.

I hope this will help. Good Luck.
post #17 of Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM

Crime Scene Cleaning

Good Job!. if you want to start a crime scene clean-up business, you will need help, either in the form of business partners or as employees. Firstly you have contact the occupational Safety and Health Administration , Apply for a business license. Then you start your business.
post #18 of Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Reminds me of 'Dexter'... Cheers, tom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode