Do you have any tips for cleaning very big mirror? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Do you have any tips for cleaning very big mirror?

Thanks advance!
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-19-2011, 05:05 AM

how big is that mirror?

post #3 of Old 05-20-2011, 06:24 AM

Mirror cleaning is easy. Use the regular glass cleaning products, and wipe with clean old newspapers. If it doesn't help, ask for more tips.
momentum likes this.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-21-2011, 03:18 AM

Miror, big or small, must be cleaned with paper and not any cloth.
post #5 of Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Eh, I've always done fine with a clean, pref low-lint, cotton cloth. I was taught to wipe the mirror only in one direction and I like to use non-ammmonia alcohol based cleaners or vinegar. Haven't done any humongous mirrors in a very long time, but never seemed to have a problem with basic cleaners and rags.
post #6 of Old 05-23-2011, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanway View Post
Miror, big or small, must be cleaned with paper and not any cloth.
Which paper should I use and how to clean with paper?
Thanks!
post #7 of Old 05-23-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicnspan View Post
Eh, I've always done fine with a clean, pref low-lint, cotton cloth. I was taught to wipe the mirror only in one direction and I like to use non-ammmonia alcohol based cleaners or vinegar. Haven't done any humongous mirrors in a very long time, but never seemed to have a problem with basic cleaners and rags.
i couldn't agree more. People fuss too much with cleaning methods I think and usualy the old fashioned ways seem to be the best. A cloth and a window cleaning chemical or just a damp micro fibre cloth can do just as well.
post #8 of Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
i couldn't agree more. People fuss too much with cleaning methods I think and usualy the old fashioned ways seem to be the best. A cloth and a window cleaning chemical or just a damp micro fibre cloth can do just as well.
So, what shouldn't we use when cleaning a mirror? I'm afraid of scratching it.
post #9 of Old 05-29-2011, 08:29 AM

Microfiber, yeah, that's a good material. Almost forgot about that. Worked for a guy who swore by them for glass. I can take them or leave them, though they are a little better than regular rags and never leave lint behind.

I don't know if scratching a mirror should be any kind of worry. CLEAN cloth or paper won't ever scratch (but something with a grain of dirt on it sure might). I think as long as you don't fling things around, slide your spray bottle acrosst it, or go at it with something scratchy like a scrubby pad or something, you'll be OK. (Best way to get grime and stubborn dirt is to saturate it and leave it for a few minutes and wipe it off. Or Goo Gone or somesuch. I've used single edged razor blades to get tape and the like off with nary a scratch, though you may not want to do that if you're deathly afraid of hurting a mirror.)
post #10 of Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 AM

Hi,

I have two tip to clean a big mirror please try this solution, 1 cup of white vinegar per gallon of water along with a small drop of dish soap. Once cleaning vertical surfaces of at all kind including windows and mirrors start from the top and work down and then one more method also having please use waste white papers to clean mirror it will also helpful for all.
post #11 of Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigonedd View Post
Which paper should I use and how to clean with paper?
Thanks!
try newspapers - they do really good job. Just apply a window cleaning solution (bought from the market or homemade one) and then wipe with the wrinkled paper. That's it

post #12 of Old 06-01-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks advance!
You need advice for a contract or for your own place ? It it's for a contract and you have to clean it periodicly try Unger.com . They have some interesting tools for this .

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #13 of Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 AM

When you are going to clean up a big mirror then care must be taken because there is chances that it can break. So you have to clean up it very smoothly. You can also take help from professional cleaner who are doing this job very effectively.
post #14 of Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Microfiber cloths made specifically for mirrors and glass do a fantastic job. If it is a really big mirror I would use the same method as professional window cleaners use.
post #15 of Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 AM

If you want to clean a big mirror then you can use the chemical which are available in the market. With this chemical you can easily make your mirror more clean which looks like beautiful and nice.
post #16 of Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 AM

Big mirrors usually require very light tools to clean them as whatever precaution we take there is the possibility to leave scratch because of any heavy cleaning item. Moreover the solution should be smooth with which you are cleaning the mirror so that it can be wiped in one time itself.
post #17 of Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks advance!
Although there are a number of products or solutions available to clean mirrors or other glasses you can do it yourself too. Take a piece of newspaper and wipe the mirror in one direction. You will see it is cleaned within minutes.
post #18 of Old 12-25-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethsteel View Post
Although there are a number of products or solutions available to clean mirrors or other glasses you can do it yourself too. Take a piece of newspaper and wipe the mirror in one direction. You will see it is cleaned within minutes.
I agree, newspapers are very good and effective for cleaning mirrors. Newspapers clean all types of mirrors with ease.
post #19 of Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to facilitycustodian
I got a tip for cleaning mirrors; use a three step method and a squeegee.
Most of the cleaner like vinegar, amonia, dish soap and window cleaning solutions all aret great for the first step in the cleaning process, but the second step should be a squeegee.

The rubber blades wip the surface clean from debris to the direction of squeegee. The third step is to wipe the surface with a dry cotton or micro fiber towel, the idea is to litely buff in a shine.

Try it, let me know it works for you.

Facility Custodian
Effective cleaning solutions for your business needs.
http://www.facilitycustodian.com
[email protected]
(310) 349-9373
post #20 of Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 AM

Well some of tips are really cool and I am impressed here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode