The doors locked - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-08-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

The doors locked

One of the ladies I clean for leaves the door to the garage unlocked and I have a key to get in the house.

Today I got there and the door was locked to the garage.

What do you do when this happens?
Thanks
Abbey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-08-2008, 05:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey12477 View Post
One of the ladies I clean for leaves the door to the garage unlocked and I have a key to get in the house.

Today I got there and the door was locked to the garage.

What do you do when this happens?
Thanks
Abbey
A few things...

I have a "lockout" policy that states we can charge up to the entire fee for cleaning in the case of a lockout. If you don't have one in writing, get one! At minimum, we charge $50 for a lockout.

Secondly, I would have tried to call the client and see if they could come unlock the door.

Did your key not work on any of the doors and is keyed only for the inside garage door?

Just let the client know that you were unable to gain entry to the inside door and reschedule if you can. Otherwise, get that policy in place ASAP and get your clients to sign off on it.

Take care,
Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 PM

I pretty much agree with tailormaid.

The first lock out we normally consider an accident and use that experience as an opportunity to re-educate the client as to our policy.
Any lock outs after that are charged our lock out fee (full rate - because we obviously had to come to the home in good faith to find out that we were locked out) We do attempt to call our clients emergency numbers prior to leaving to see if they can either come to let us in or suggest another route into the home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-02-2019, 02:00 AM

You should call lock open services.

Last edited by pressurewashing; 08-02-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode