Eco-friendly Cleaning Products - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Eco-friendly Cleaning Products

How do you guys feel about new eco-friendly cleaning products? There is such a high demand for them now.
Busy Bee Cleaning Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy_cleaner:) View Post
How do you guys feel about new eco-friendly cleaning products? There is such a high demand for them now.
All depends on what they mean by "eco friendly". 1 of the sins of greenwashing is the sin of mislabeling. Many "eco friendly" products are...NOT.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #3 of Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 PM

I'm all about the envioronment and using products that don't damage the eco-system but I agree that most of the products aren't really eco friendly that advertise it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Ok, they may not be as eco as the adverts say but i do believe they are still better then the others.

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #5 of Old 07-21-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Response

Do you guys know of any particular brands that are eco-friendly or are not?
post #6 of Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Ok, if you cannot find any you can always prepare one by your own.

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #7 of Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Response

Ofcourse I know that, but I was just wondering if there are actually good eco-friendly products out there.
post #8 of Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Ofcourse I know that, but I was just wondering if there are actually good eco-friendly products out there.
For this reason, the only eco-friendly products, which I trust are in my kitchen.
post #9 of Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM

Most often, the reason for the stains that I have to clean from the kids shirts is hiding in the kitchen.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #10 of Old 08-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Most often, the reason for the stains that I have to clean from the kids shirts is hiding in the kitchen.
Yes, this is true, but if you open the fridge you will find the solution of your problem. I'm talking about natural products like white vinegar, lemon juice, etc., which are amazing cleaners. Moreover, cleaning with these products you do not have to be afraid of rashes and other allergies, which chemical products can cause you.
post #11 of Old 08-04-2011, 05:51 PM

I try to get as many eco-friendly cleaning products as I can. Going green is the way to go. It's a shame that they false advertise on something as serious as that.

Last edited by WilliamB; 08-04-2011 at 05:54 PM.
post #12 of Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 PM

does anyone have a eco friendly product to remove rust stains?

I clean green in my business in fort Wayne, Indiana. I need a green bio friendly product to remove rust stains from shingles. Does anyone have a suggestion?
post #13 of Old 08-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna_Brown View Post
Yes, this is true, but if you open the fridge you will find the solution of your problem. I'm talking about natural products like white vinegar, lemon juice, etc., which are amazing cleaners. Moreover, cleaning with these products you do not have to be afraid of rashes and other allergies, which chemical products can cause you.
The idea that these "natural" products are intrinsically safe is common and false.
There are people who are allergic to lemon juice, vinegar, and that "etc."

Just remember that all diseases are "organic" and that botulism is a "natural product"
post #14 of Old 08-09-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamB View Post
I try to get as many eco-friendly cleaning products as I can. Going green is the way to go. It's a shame that they false advertise on something as serious as that.
William. We at JSK Eco Cleaning Solutions provide a wide range of eco friendly cleaning products and have all msds sheets to back up how safe they are. We believe that eco friendly products is the future of cleaning. We are based in Cork in Ireland. Check out our website and take a look at our products and live videos to see how effective our products really are.
post #15 of Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Here is an interesting article about this subject worth reading

Eco Friendly Cleaning, Telling the Real From the Fake

It offers great insight about eco-friendly cleaning products

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #16 of Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromHC View Post
The idea that these "natural" products are intrinsically safe is common and false.
There are people who are allergic to lemon juice, vinegar, and that "etc."

Just remember that all diseases are "organic" and that botulism is a "natural product"
I agree with you about the allergic reactions, but still think that making your own cleansers is a convenient way to keep your home in a good condition. Moreover, this way, I do not spend impossible sums for expensive cleaning detergents.
post #17 of Old 08-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4square View Post
I clean green in my business in fort Wayne, Indiana. I need a green bio friendly product to remove rust stains from shingles. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Not one that I am aware of.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

post #18 of Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Do you guys know of any particular brands that are eco-friendly or are not?
Bill, I am a distributor for a line of ECOLOGO Certified GREEN cleaning products that are exceptional. When I say GREEN I mean not a harmful thing in them. Best of all they actually work. Great Carpet, Tile and Gout Cleaner, Soft Surface Cleaners, Bathroom, Grease and Oil Stain Removers. Also can remove any odor in seconds, including Skunk odor. These products are so 'eco friendly" you are actually helping the environemnt everytime you use them.

Visit my web site by CLICKING RIGHT HERE. Also feel free to call me anytime if you have a question.

post #19 of Old 08-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
They are healthier for you as well as the customer. And they really aren't anymore expensive. Real cleaning is done by the person cleaning and not the cleaner.

Go to any market and get a citrus based cleaner in the 'organic' section. That can be used on virtually every surface including glass if desired. Besides that you would need a bathroom cleaner from the same isle using citric acid. A Pumice Stone from a Janitorial supply store that will remove those mineral rings in the toilet.

As for wood floors, just vinegar and a little natural soap might work. Depends on the floor. Some manufacturers of wood floors. require special care and products.
post #20 of Old 08-22-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Response

Thank you guys for all this great feedback. This is awesome information. Is it true that although organic cleaning products are safer, they are better cleansers (in terms of cleaning)?

www.bbcleaningservice.com/blog

www.bbcleaningservice.com

Tags
eco friendly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode