employee got eye infection from job??? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-14-2015, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

employee got eye infection from job???

Hi everyone...I had a new employee working with me who developed (what we thought) was an allergic reaction in her eye to the cat at a home. She worked in this home three times and ended up going to the dr. several times and getting tests done. She was dx'd with a viral eye infection, and it seems it was precipitated by this apparent allergic reaction. I feel terrible. I have never gotten sick from a job, we wash our hands often and sanitize....and she is now extremely hesitant to continue working.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Employees who get an illness from a job and rack up all kinds of dr bills? :( I use essential oil based cleaners, nothing caustic, so I am 99% sure it's not a reaction to those (she uses them in her own home). Any advice or commiseration? I don't want to experience this again--she had no known allergies and has pets herself, did she simply have bad luck and how would you handle approaching her? She hasn't quit, but is taking some time at my encouragement to get completely better. This situation is the pits! TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-14-2015, 02:56 PM

Just a part of life. I'd say to save yourself possible future headache and try to get her to quit but be subtle about it.
post #3 of Old 07-27-2015, 07:45 PM

I agree with Sprintcar93 Get rid of her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode