Few good idea for Carpet Care - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-01-2009, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Few good idea for Carpet Care

we must do in the preservation of our carpets is to regularly vacuum them, at least every week. Certainly, it may require even more care depending on whether or not the carpet is in a high traffic area. We should also pay particular attention to the harder to get at areas of the carpet, as these are the areas that are most likely to have more buildup of grime than anywhere else.

If we are using some sort of dirt retarding chemicals on out carpets, we must also ensure that these are always applied using the correct application tools and process and the the instructions for their use are strictly adhered to. This method will ensure that the retardants are measured equally across the entire carpet.

Before we use any type of cleaning liquids on our carpets, it is advisable to do a 'spot test' on a small out of the way area of the carpet. This is to ensure that our cleaning solution is not going to actually damage our carpets in the process of trying to clean them.

Once the carpets are cleaned in the correct manner, they should them be dried in the correct manner also. If it is possible to remove the carpet, the best place to let it dry is outside in sunlight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 AM

Nice tips, caring for carpet is an important factor in the life and appearance of carpet. A properly cared for carpet will remain beautiful as well as functional for many years to come. For your greatest satisfaction your carpet must be installed properly, using the correct cushion. Thanks

Regards,
post #3 of Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM

i love carpets, easy to clean and look great, making any home feel nice and warm. i often clean houses with lots of hard floor and find it one of the worst things to clean as you have to vacuum it all first, then mop, then make sure it dries ok and not smeary etc, with any missed bits of dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-26-2009, 04:21 AM

Thank for the idea,I did not had any idea what to do with my carpet...
post #5 of Old 01-04-2010, 07:13 AM

Oh,that is a great one...made my cleaning easy...Now no need to be in a tension about that..
post #6 of Old 01-10-2015, 03:58 AM

Nice tips! Hiring a professional carpet cleaner is the best choice though!
Cleaning Services Green Park
post #7 of Old 01-13-2015, 07:13 AM

Hiring a professional carpet cleaner should always be the first choice. On the other hand, if you are willing to get down and dirty to learn then you should try to DIY. Everything mentioned above is spot on but do some more research before doing anything. You wouldn't want to be using strong cleaning products or solutions on your first try.

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Visit our partner's online shop and enjoy massive daily discounts on supplies!
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #8 of Old 09-21-2017, 06:21 AM

Useful tips, here I would to add some points from my knowledge.
You need to vacuum the carpet first on regular basis. You will need rotating the brush, a beater bar, and suction to accomplish the vacuuming of your carpet and dust off the dirt.
Also cut the snags and sprouting parts off your carpet instead of pulling them because it would damage the carpet. If the condition is complex, contact a carpet cleaning service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode