Franchise or going it alone - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-23-2012, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Franchise or going it alone

Hi,
I'm laying plans to start a cleaning company up here in the UK. My experience has been in retail so I'm starting from scratch but I love the idea of a new challenge. I know I will find lots of useful information on this wonderful forum and hopefully in the coming months as I gain experience i'll be able to contribute.
In the meantime I would like to ask what you guys think of a cleaning franchise. I see the initial advantage of having someone with experience to guide you, but I also see the draw backs of being restricted and having to pay someone else a cut of your income, I imagine this will grate once you have gained enough experience to run alone.
Do you think it's better to just go it alone and learn by your mistakes or get a franchise? How did you guys start? I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-25-2012, 05:29 AM

Your idea is really awesome.
post #3 of Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM

i personally think it's unnecessary to join a franchise; we're not talking about rocket science here. i would suggest getting hired as a cleaner by another company and working there for at least a few months, which will give you practical experience and also some ideas about how you want to run your own business. you will also have the benefit of having people you can turn to for references when you start getting your own clients, which is very important. The most important things I have found about running a cleaning company are to show up when you say you will and have a clear expectation between yourself and the client about exactly what will be done at each visit. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, that's great advice, you're right, it isn't rocket science. I need to get my hands on the kind of cleaning contracts, method statements and marketing materials. I'll get these during my research before launching. Thank you for your time.

Tags
cleaning franchise , starting up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode