Get Your Carpets Ready for Spring - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 25Likes

post #1 of Old 07-05-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Get Your Carpets Ready for Spring

It seems fair to say disaster has struck. Snowstorms and extreme weather have been the norm in Britain for several weeks now (though it seems like a lot longer), and the current earthquake crisis in Haiti gives us a lot to think about. Some would say too much. In lesser news, the indusrty professionals at “ End Tenancy Cleaning London ” suggests you get your carpets ready for spring, according to their advert in London Lite. So what are we to focus on during all this upheaval? Trivial details of course. I am taking initiative. I am ignoring the larger issues. I am redecorating my home. I will hire carpet cleaners like the advert tells me to do.
How, you might ask? Credit crunch aside, banks are beginning to offer loans again. In my case the loan was for “home renovation” which they feel will increase its value. For me it is just about finding something to do. That is, aside from worrying about the weather and laughing at politicians all over the telly politely deciding what to do about a major crisis in a third-world country.
Call me shallow, I won’t mind.
Rather than worrying, I am exercising control over one of the only areas of my life I still can: my house. The other thing about the credit crunch is that, for retailers, cash is hard to come by. This means that for carpet cleaning London retailers are offering hugely discounted prices. This is just what I am after. None of the messy details like donations to Haiti either, where your tax-deductible receipt may not arrive until after the tax season.
More seriously though...
If you feel things getting out of hand, it’s time to downsize. Focus on the little things and give in to your material demons and need for constant change. Movie theatres, builders, decorators, Neighbours (the show or the real thing), carpet cleaners, plumbers and maids all have one thing in common. They provide welcome distractions. Which of these distractions you choose will depend on which of them you can afford, but the distracting element is what’s important. My mantra lately has been “you cannot change the weather or stop earthquakes from happening but you can put some slap on and get on with your day.” I know that this is about as trivial as it gets. I am not being global minded, nor even British minded. Nor am I worry-minded, which is something money can’t buy in times and weather like these.
Home123 likes this.

Last edited by SimonNewton; 08-06-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the post. It seems interesting. I'll read it again when the spring comes
Home123 likes this.
post #3 of Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 AM

What an info!Cleaning requires some extra money these days.
Home123 likes this.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM

Cleaning always requires some extra money.
Home123 likes this.
post #5 of Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM

Even if you try to do it yourself it in order to save some money, you need to take a day off and spend the whole day cleaning. What an enjoyable break.
Home123 likes this.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #6 of Old 08-18-2010, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

I agree with you Marie. Spending whole day cleaning is awful.
Home123 likes this.
post #7 of Old 08-18-2010, 11:11 AM

And not just awful. You are saving money, but you are wasting your time. And sometimes the time is money. So what's the conclusion?
Home123 likes this.
post #8 of Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Wolly View Post
And not just awful. You are saving money, but you are wasting your time. And sometimes the time is money. So what's the conclusion?
There was some kind of equation that since women require time and time is money, than women are equal to money. There's no such thing. Am I right, girls?
Home123 likes this.

Best Regards
post #9 of Old 08-19-2010, 01:24 AM

I used to have a cleaning lady come in once a week...ahhh, that was fantastic. A cleaner having a cleaning lady...ahhh the irony

Then she broke her arm and that was that, no more cleaning lady
Home123 likes this.
post #10 of Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 AM

I didn't know that cleaning ladies were so fragile. You are a good man jaycar, no more hurt cleaning ladies.
Home123 likes this.

Best Regards
post #11 of Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 AM

Well, I'm sorry about your fragile lady jaycar. You can always find another one. Who's cleaning your house now?
Home123 likes this.
post #12 of Old 08-22-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Dupont View Post
I didn't know that cleaning ladies were so fragile. You are a good man jaycar, no more hurt cleaning ladies.
No, just one hurt cleaning man...me
Home123 likes this.
post #13 of Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Wolly View Post
Well, I'm sorry about your fragile lady jaycar. You can always find another one. Who's cleaning your house now?
the only person cleaning my place now is just little old me....one day again I will get someone else to do it. It was my one little luxury in life at the time and people made fun of the fact that a cleaner had a cleaner but my come back to that was that they didn't.
Home123 likes this.
post #14 of Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 AM

You didn't broke the arm of the poor lady, did you?
Home123 likes this.
post #15 of Old 08-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Haha. He may wanted to get rid of her and might broke her arm.
I hope you didn't do that jaycar.
Home123 likes this.
post #16 of Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
the only person cleaning my place now is just little old me....one day again I will get someone else to do it. It was my one little luxury in life at the time and people made fun of the fact that a cleaner had a cleaner but my come back to that was that they didn't.
A cleaner with a cleaner to do the cleaning for the cleaning's sake, that's a word.
Home123 likes this.

Best Regards
post #17 of Old 08-24-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-fly View Post
You didn't broke the arm of the poor lady, did you?
lol, no...but i tell you, sometimes I felt like it. Once she put a power head on my new dining table and started to take the thing apart and she put a thick scratch into the timber..a bit thoughtless I thought but eh, what can you do?
Home123 likes this.
post #18 of Old 08-24-2010, 09:21 AM

hmmm did she put the scratch with the same hand with was broken later... hmm the things are getting clear
Home123 likes this.
post #19 of Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
hmmm did she put the scratch with the same hand with was broken later... hmm the things are getting clear
It is like in the past. Eye for an eye, scratch for a hand...
Home123 likes this.

Best Regards
post #20 of Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
LOL damn, have been caught
Home123 likes this.

Tags
cleaning , cleaning advice , cleaning facts , cleaning tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode