Green Cleaning without Lemon - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Green Cleaning without Lemon

Hi All,

I am a big green cleaning freak and I am buying a house with my soon to be wife and son.

Most of the recipes I have for home made cleaning products require lemon or some other citrus acid.

This creates a problem as my fiancee is very allergic to any type of citrus.

Any suggestions on good green cleaning recipes or products that do not use citrus acid?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned

for best cleaning ideas, decoration ideas and many many more visit my cleaning ideas....
gift | Food | Relationship | Girl friend | Boy friend | Pregnancy | Vegetables | Clean | Milk | Exercises
post #3 of Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM

Do a search for white vinegar. It has lots of cleaning uses.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-hacienda-heights.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 AM

White vinegar is still an Acid. If you're wife is allergic, you might want to try an alcohol based cleaner.
post #5 of Old 02-02-2011, 03:23 PM

Green cleaning

Another way of green cleaning is by using Green Works naturally derived cleaning products. If youʼre interested in trying these for yourself, you can get a coupon at http://TryGreenWorks.ca.
post #6 of Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 AM

I would suggest you to use Baking soda. Baking soda is the foundation of most green cleaning recipes. It is used anywhere that a mild abrasive is needed, such as the bathroom and kitchen.
post #7 of Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM

That is very tough, because it is the acid that actually acts as the disinfectant and will kill germs. Your other options really are not going to be "green" because they are going to be chemical based. Baking soda does work as a scrubbing agent, but it will not work the same as product made with lemon or thyme. Oh, that is an idea - do not know if there are any products out there made with thyme and not lemon.... but thyme is a great green cleaning ingredient. Maybe Google it to see what is available??
post #8 of Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Homemade antibacterial spray
Ever wondered how to make an antibacterial solution yourself? Probably the first thing that came to your mind was alcohol, No there isn’t any in it. Read instructions given you below
1. 10-12 drops of lavender oil
2. A cup of water
Mix it together, shake it well and its ready to use.

Homemade all purpose cleaning solution
Why pay if you can make it yourself, follow the steps given you below
1. 1 cup of vinegar
2. 2 teaspoons of borax
3. ˝ teaspoon of castile soap
4. 2 cups of hot water
Put it all in one big spray bottle, shake it well until borax dissolves.

cleaning service new york
post #9 of Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 PM

You have entered the right forum mate, a green cleaning way cleaning.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #10 of Old 03-22-2011, 07:31 AM

For a homemade recipe, my favorite is -

In a 21 oz bottle - 1/3 white vinegar + 2/3 H20 + 1/2 Tbs liquid soap or detergent (I like clear natural dish soap,) 10 drops each lavender essential oil, lime essential oil, tea tree oil. The smell is so delicious that people actually ask to buy this solution from me.
post #11 of Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 AM

That sounds like a great recipe - but won't work for this individual's situation where the person is allergic to anything acidic/citrus :(
post #12 of Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 AM

here's a recipe that doesn't contain acid:
Mix 1/4 cup of borax with 1/2 gallon of water until the borax is completely dissolved. Put the substance in a spray bottle and shake well before spraying.

post #13 of Old 03-23-2011, 09:06 AM

I do like using an all-purpose cleaner - equal parts borax and baking soda with some soapy water. For grease I use vinegar and salt. Essential oils give a fine aroma.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #14 of Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Valley Cleaning View Post
For a homemade recipe, my favorite is -

In a 21 oz bottle - 1/3 white vinegar + 2/3 H20 + 1/2 Tbs liquid soap or detergent (I like clear natural dish soap,) 10 drops each lavender essential oil, lime essential oil, tea tree oil. The smell is so delicious that people actually ask to buy this solution from me.
I will certainly try this... However, I wont bother you selling this product to me but I will make it by myself. I wont sell your recipe to the cleaning products' manufacturers

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #15 of Old 08-11-2011, 12:35 PM

The best all-purpose green cleaning agent for me is a simple solution of water and white vinegar, poured in a spray bottle. I use it for almost everything and the best thing is that it really works
post #16 of Old 05-08-2012, 06:00 AM

Two good ideas for this one, both utilizing our best friend The Microwave to do the hard work for us. Your microwave thinks it’s so smart, why don’t you let it do the hard cleaning work for you?
post #17 of Old 05-08-2012, 10:44 AM

Wink

I saw this article yesterday about cleaning with vodka.

One shot for the kitchen counter, one for me...

David Murphy | E-Marketing Coordinator
ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning Services
ServiceMaster 24 Hour
post #18 of Old 06-29-2012, 02:27 AM

I found that to be true with the Clorox Green Works All-Purpose Cleaner. It worked well on the everyday messes I depend on my all-purpose cleaner to fix.
post #19 of Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM

I would suggest you to use Baking soda. Baking soda is the foundation of most green cleaning recipes. It is used anywhere that a mild abrasive is needed, such as the bathroom and kitchen.
post #20 of Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 AM

I use white vinegar, 3% (regular pharmacy) hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda for pretty much every cleaning need in the kitchen.

nyc document drying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode