Green Ring in Bathtub - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Green Ring in Bathtub

I am sort of a clean freak and I scrub the house from ceiling to floor every so many weeks. When it comes to the tub, that is one thing that I put off. There is a green ring that grows around it. It seems that each time I go to scrub it, it will grow back by the end of the next day. I have used straight up pure white vinegar to scrubbing bubbles to lime-away. Nothing seems to keep that green ring gone. I'm tired of having to use elbow grease just to make this disappear and reappear withing a 24 hour period.

I've thought it to be limescale, but with the research that I have done I have seen that limescale is a white residue not green. I've tried searching for "green ring in bathtub" and I have come up with nothing useful. The ring is only in the tub. There is no ring in any of the toilets, sinks, or other shower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-13-2016, 12:23 PM

Try to use comet by using scrub pad.
Please see http://www.cleaningnetwork.com/how-to-clean-bathtub/
post #3 of Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap_121787 View Post
I am sort of a clean freak and I scrub the house from ceiling to floor every so many weeks. When it comes to the tub, that is one thing that I put off. There is a green ring that grows around it. It seems that each time I go to scrub it, it will grow back by the end of the next day. I have used straight up pure white vinegar to scrubbing bubbles to lime-away. Nothing seems to keep that green ring gone. I'm tired of having to use elbow grease just to make this disappear and reappear withing a 24 hour period.

I've thought it to be limescale, but with the research that I have done I have seen that limescale is a white residue not green. I've tried searching for "green ring in bathtub" and I have come up with nothing useful. The ring is only in the tub. There is no ring in any of the toilets, sinks, or other shower.
One of my favorite products we carry is called Best Bet. This is a creme cleanser with small abrasives that wont scratch, it can clean up and make a chrome surface look brand new and is great for trouble areas like what you're describing in your tub. The key to using a product like this is to make sure you use it DRY! Do not add water or leave the surface wet as it is not as effective in this condition. Make sure the sponge or cloth you use is dry as well when working it into the surface. I'll leave a link to the product description below so you can find something similar in your area
https://www.saffelle.com/catalog/p/B...e-Cleanser-Qt/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee511640 View Post
Try to use comet by using scrub pad.
Please see http://www.cleaningnetwork.com/how-to-clean-bathtub/
This works well too

Last edited by Saffelle; 08-23-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode