hard surface floor cleaners machine - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

hard surface floor cleaners machine

Hello,

I'm new here but wondering if any of you use or recommend a certain type of hard surface floor cleaner machine. I'm considering purchasing a hoover impulse cordless mop or a steam mop. Which would you buy or none at all?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-21-2009, 08:06 PM

Welcome to cleaning talk handihousekeeper.

I have to tell you that in my 23 years of residential cleaning I have tried just about every type of floor cleaning machine, contraption, etc.... ever made and frankly they all sit idle in my storage area. Why you ask? Well for several reasons - 1) most of these machines were not made to endure the torture that we professionals will put them through, they were intended for the homemaker who will use them once every couple of weeks. So they break down quickly 2) they are bulky and hard to carry from home to home. Lord knows we already carry so much with us in order to do our jobs, why add more to the mix. 3) the quality of the results that they produce rarely match what we can do ourselves without the blasted machine 4) Goes with #3 actually, most of the machines do nothing in terms of edges, the toe holds under cabinets and corners. You will still have to get those areas on hands and knees or with a mop.

I could go on. But I think you get my drift...... we have found that we work much better without the dadgum machines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode