Help for cleaning urine stains off mattress - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anna_powell45

post #1 of Old 10-21-2017, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Help for cleaning urine stains off mattress

My 6-year-old son is still experiencing problems with bedwetting at night. It has now stained the mattress cover which has subsequently left mark on his new quality mattress. I searched online for cleaning hacks and used the mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and hot water. But, somehow it has been made worse with a yellow stain now all over the mattress.
Please, can someone advise as to what's the best solution to get not only the urine stains and now the yellow ones out would be, as I really don't want to have to buy a new mattress for my son?
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-21-2017, 07:42 AM

I think in this case, it may be time to hire a true professional. Make sure you know who you are hiring - read reviews of their work on several sites. I know the reviews on Craigs List are often faked.

In the meantime, buy a waterproof mattress cover and use "bed pads", like they use in hospitals. Sorry you have this problem!
post #3 of Old 10-23-2017, 04:56 AM

Have you tried krud kutter's cleaning chemicals! You may use original krud kutter or krud kutter tough task remover!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-23-2017, 07:33 PM

Peroxide works,but is not a quick solution.

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #5 of Old 11-23-2017, 10:09 PM

Don’t worry; I think hydrogen peroxide work well for removing the stain and the baking soda will work to get rid of the smell. I hope it works for you. Good luck.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #6 of Old 11-27-2017, 11:03 PM

You have to get professional instructions. Find any nearest carpet cleaning store and tell your problem to concern person and surely they will give you best solution to your problem.

Carpet Cleaning NYC provide emergency 24/7 cleaning services at affordable prices.
http://www.organicrugcleaners-nyc.com/
post #7 of Old 11-29-2017, 05:17 PM

Let us know how you made out with this problem.
post #8 of Old 03-19-2018, 02:00 AM

Professional Mattress Cleaning Singapore

Hey!

You have get to professional mattress cleaning services in Singapore.

Last edited by cleancaresg; 03-20-2018 at 11:30 PM.
post #9 of Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Registered

Prepare in a basin solution warm water of baking soda, a tablespoon of vinegar, sea salt - two tablespoons, spice cleaner, a few drops of lemon, a little softener and a huge home soap. Mix the ingredients well and take the cleaning of the stain. With a clean towel, soak in the solution and rub with circular movements. Repeat until urine spots are removed. Clean it around. It needs to dry completely, otherwise you risk developing mold.If you have cleaned the mattress or sofa, but you feel the scent of urine, the scratch has penetrated deep into the tissues and cleansing and removing the unpleasant odors is impossible at home and best solution is to take professional carpet cleaners .

Last edited by carpetcleaningfulham; 03-19-2018 at 07:20 AM.
post #10 of Old 03-20-2018, 11:29 PM

Professional Mattress Cleaning Singapore

It is one of most important thing you have to always remember that if you try any professional mattress cleaning product for cleaning take the guidance of cleanandcare.com.sg/
post #11 of Old 05-03-2018, 01:20 AM

I think you need a professional mattress cleaning service

Homelization-Feel The Magic of Home Tips
post #12 of Old 05-10-2018, 03:34 AM

Hydrogen peroxide will do the trick if not visit some professional cleaners as they have the tools & tricks to clean the stains.
Good Luck.
post #13 of Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 AM

I think hydrogen peroxide is a good solution to remove those stains.
post #14 of Old 06-15-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentum View Post
Don’t worry; I think hydrogen peroxide work well for removing the stain and the baking soda will work to get rid of the smell. I hope it works for you. Good luck.
I second this. Good info.
post #15 of Old 07-03-2018, 10:55 PM

How to Clean a Mattress: Urine Stains
Use a dry towel, cloth, or paper towels to lightly blot up the excess urine, then strip the bed. Avoid rubbing the stain, as this will only spread the urine deeper into the mattress.
Sprinkle baking soda onto the affected area to absorb the remaining moisture.
Make a solution of biological washing powder – we like Persil Bio – and water. Alternatively, if you don’t mind the smell (which can be somewhat potent at first) you can try a solution of one part white vinegar to one part warm water.
Spray your chosen solution onto the stain and leave to sit for 3-5 minutes. If using a commercial stain remover, always carefully follow the instructions on the product packaging, be sure to wear protective gloves, and open the windows for ventilation. You should use enough of the stain remover to counterbalance the amount of urine that has soaked into the mattress before leaving to air-dry.
Repeat step one, blotting up any moisture with a towel or dry cloth. This is to get rid of any residual urine and prevent mould, so try to get the mattress as dry as possible.
Bring back the baking soda and sprinkle over the entire mattress. The mattress needs to be given time to dry out thoroughly – at least 18 hours – so you should make other sleeping arrangements and leave it to dry overnight.
Vacuum up the baking soda and prop the mattress up outside or in a well-ventilated area to allow air to circulate and shift the last of the odour.
The above guide explains how to clean urine from mattress fabric and stuffing – check out our article on cleaning mattresses and bedding for tips on doing a regular clean.

Protection and Prevention
Now that you know how to clean urine from a mattress, you can be prepared for future incidents. Sealed protectors are available for pillows, duvets, and mattresses that will not only shield your family’s beds from urine, but also help protect you from dust mites, bacteria and all number of other allergens. Don’t be put off by uncomfortable childhood memories of crackly waterproof covers and cases – the latest products are far subtler, and won’t leave you slipping and sliding with every movement. Choose from zippered or fitted styles, with breathable fibres that will keep you and your children protected and relaxed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode