Help with a commercial bid - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-07-2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Help with a commercial bid

I have a chance on a gym and was wondering what the best way to do so.
I normally give a flat rate but the other companies in the area bid by Sq ft. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-07-2015, 10:55 PM

Why can't you bid by sf?

Or, why can't you give a flat rate bid? Who owns your company? Oh yeah, YOU do.... so bid how you want.

If I went by what everyone else did I'd probably be working my (*) off and broke with a ton of debt.
post #3 of Old 04-08-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Why can't you bid by sf?

Or, why can't you give a flat rate bid? Who owns your company? Oh yeah, YOU do.... so bid how you want.

If I went by what everyone else did I'd probably be working my (*) off and broke with a ton of debt.
You have a point as always but you should probably be a little more subtle especially for neophytes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Nah...... you know me
post #5 of Old 04-10-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Nah...... you know me
Well it was worth the try and you really should try to ease up .
post #6 of Old 04-10-2015, 02:19 PM

I have. You should have seen me years ago. I'm nice to stupid people nowadays. Not saying this thread is stupid.... just saying that used to when stupid people came, I didn't let them leave without knowing they are an idiot.... this is a let up as I get. There is always that thing that people do with their keyboard to get here.... if they don't like me, they don't have to get here. Or, they can always skip the posts when they see where I comment.
post #7 of Old 07-05-2015, 07:23 PM

I'm in Philadelphia PA and use the hourly rate vs the Square footage I think man hours gives a more accurate price
post #8 of Old 07-05-2015, 08:27 PM

Hourly DOES give more of an exact price but you must decide if you are in business to give a more exact price or to take care of yourself and your family (if you have one).

Let's take my friend for example, he gets paid for 40 hours per week @ $215 per hour x 40 hours = $8600 per week.

He is a whiz in his line of work and actually works about 5 - 6 hours per week. So if he actually billed them for hours that he actually works he would only make $1290 per week.

Moral of the story..... never bill hourly.

Billing hourly just seems like you are more of an employee like person. I always figure a professional knows how long a job should take. Where if someone bills houlry they aren't really experienced enough to know those sorts of things.
post #9 of Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 PM

That's one way to look at it, I have experienced that in some cases the Square ft rate was actually less where I'm located the competition is tight and some companies rate are 3000 Sq per hr
post #10 of Old 07-05-2015, 09:10 PM

Billing hourly has nothing to with being an employee because lawyers and CPAs are bases on billable hours. Personally man hours have worked in my favor
post #11 of Old 07-17-2015, 09:32 AM

.15 to .25 per square foot depending on level of soil. This is what I charge in Arizona.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode