HELP! Faster Cleaning...How to Organize??? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-22-2007, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Question HELP! Faster Cleaning...How to Organize???

Hi, this is my second post. I am new. Landed my first job and it's tomorrow!

I have heard lots of people say they have learned how to clean faster. I am wondering how to organize the process of cleaning someone elses house. I am a bit overwhelmed.

Specifically, do you vacuum everything first? Then wash floors, then bathrooms???? What is the process that has worked best for you? Is there any way to clean faster and be effective? I try to be perfect and don't want to shortchange myself time wise/dollar wise.

Also, I don't have a microfiber mop yet. My client has almost all hardwood floors. Any suggestions on how to or what to use to clean with? (Client wants vinegar to be used).

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-28-2007, 04:22 PM

Hi just read your post. I start each room by the furthest corner and work my way out of the room. I dust all cobwebs if there is a bathroom in the room I clean that first because I clean the bathroom floors by hand, unless it is a big bathroom I use Mary Moppin system. I start from top of the home to the bottom and work my way out of the home. You can work from left to right or right to left in the room but I dust and then vacum. I also have a client that has hardwood floors and I use the Mary Moppin system on that as well you can also use it to dust cobwebs. It is a handel with a foam head with velco on it and you put a damp towel on it I then have a spray bottel with vinigar and water in it . Hope this helps and good luck. Vikki
post #3 of Old 12-09-2007, 12:35 PM

We clean from top to bottom, from left to right in each room. (always start on top as cobwebs and dust fall)
I generally do bathrooms first as they take longer and then the floors can dry as I work on the rest of the home. For bathrooms I spray everything down (start with tub, toilet, countertops then mirrors) and then go back to clean. This gives the products (not chemicals) time to start working dissolving grime.
oooooo. one more thing. For ucky toilets I dump a bucket of water in it before cleaning which lowers the level of the water. Makes it so much faser/easier to get them clean w/o water splashing everywhere or dissolving the product.
An apron that has all of your materials for a room will cut down on running back and forth to get something, saving steps means saving time. I am currently trying to switch to 16oz bottles instead of the 32oz ones so they will be easier to carry several on/in my apron.
I drink a cup of coffee before going in to big jobs. Helps me get motivated.
Experience helps you get faster so just practice.

I love my microfiber mop! I use a rubbermaid commericial model and love it. The heads velcro on so I can easily switch heads between jobs or even types of floors in the same home.
I use 1:1 vinegar to H2o mix on hardwood (sometimes more water as I eyeball it) I also add essential oils to the mix to make them smell a bit better. If a client wants anything else they have to provide it.
Currently I like orange, cinnamon and clove for the season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-02-2019, 01:54 AM

Melikahiwa has shared a great content and i think everybody should read that.

Last edited by pressurewashing; 08-02-2019 at 02:12 AM.
post #5 of Old 09-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Each person is different and whatever works for x might not work for y. But after owning a house cleaning company for years, i can tell you that the secret is in planning & proper chemical usage.

I used to use 1 cleaner per 3 bed house for 6 hours. Then i decided to hire another girl and put 2 girls per house but instead of finishing faster, it was taking longer. They were working without a plan in panic to finish fast. Then we made a plan together:

1. Walk in - spray all the cookers, apply acidic toilet cleaner to urinals & toilets, spray grout cleaner and start dusting all the high areas
2. While we wash the windows, polish the furniture and clean inside the presses, the dirt in the cooker is broken apart by the chemicals
3. 1 girl in the bathroom & 1 in the kitchen
4. Vacuum the carpets & wash the floors
5. Job done in 3 hours x 2 cleaners so i could do 2 houses per day

It is essential to pre-treat badly affected area to give a chance to soften up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode