House Clenaing Price - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-25-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

House Clenaing Price

If so, how much do you pay? Is it by foot or room or hour?
How did you find them? Legal?
How often do you have them come?

Let me preempt the 1% comments.

My wife works 10 hour days. We have three very small children, two pets and we both work well past 40 hours a week.

Cleaning has become a point of contention and with the stress of the holidays coming up, I thought I would get someone to come once a week and do stuff neither of us have time to do. At least until the holidays are over..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-25-2015, 07:58 PM

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.....? Do you want to know what someone would charge to clean your house?
post #3 of Old 08-26-2015, 03:01 AM

Better you can talk to your local junk removal services.They will clear all your doubts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-26-2015, 05:48 AM

Contact to your local service provider. they can tell you how much they charge
post #5 of Old 09-03-2015, 04:26 PM

Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!
post #6 of Old 09-09-2015, 01:08 AM

Your first option is finding a company on google by just typing cleaning service followed by your city and state. You can expect any of the top companies on google to have the best service and be fully insured and legal. Obviously the price with these companies will be higher. Your second option is to find someone on Craigslist under services. The prices will be cheaper but the company may not be insured or capable of detailed cleaning. The main factor in price will be how often you need your home to be cleaned. Approximate price for weekly cleaning is $80-$100 Bi-Weekly $100-$130 Monthly $130-$150

http://Scrubtechcleaning.com
Professional cleaning and carpet cleaning solutions
post #7 of Old 10-21-2015, 12:42 PM

Look up Care.com that is a good sight to start.
post #8 of Old 11-19-2015, 01:34 AM

Hello Jerry..

for cleaning price you can check local sites and local cleaning service provide. they will helps you to find a best price service provider.
post #9 of Old 12-30-2015, 12:02 AM

Post Cleaning service

Hope you are looking for a cleaning service. I would suggest you to contact good cleaning professionals. If you are in Canada, Sunrise cleaning service is a better choice.They are offering a variety of cleaning services and solutions to meet the needs of businesses and residential consumers. I have heard that they provide 20% off for first time clients
post #10 of Old 12-30-2015, 02:57 PM

Be sure and stay away from anyone that offers a discount on first time cleans. Probably new cleaners that are desperate for work or cleaners who do bad work looking for new suckers.

Good cleaners who have been in business never offer a discount for first time cleans unless the price is jacked up to make the potential customer think they are getting a deal.
post #11 of Old 01-14-2016, 07:02 PM

Get a few quotes and DON'T go with the cheapest... people who Undercharging for services are usually inexperienced and over time will realize they under bid the job. The result will eventually be them trying to cut corners or take shortcuts to cut down on how long they are at your house. Down the road service will suffer :/
post #12 of Old 01-15-2016, 01:34 PM

If you are the company bidding the job and are unsure of how much to charge, I suggest simply cleaning your own home and timing yourself. Do the same services in your own home that you would offer someone else (appliance cleaning, maid services, etc) and choose an hourly rate you want to pay yourself. If your home or apartment is a 3 bed 1 Bath and it takes you 3 hours to clean top to bottom, then you can walk through a similar sized home and bid more accurately knowing it will take about 3 hours, then just multiply by your hourly rate.
post #13 of Old 02-17-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubtech Cleaning View Post
Your first option is finding a company on google by just typing cleaning service followed by your city and state. You can expect any of the top companies on google to have the best service and be fully insured and legal. Obviously the price with these companies will be higher. Your second option is to find someone on Craigslist under services. The prices will be cheaper but the company may not be insured or capable of detailed cleaning. The main factor in price will be how often you need your home to be cleaned. Approximate price for weekly cleaning is $80-$100 Bi-Weekly $100-$130 Monthly $130-$150
This is truly the most accurate way of finding the right prices. I used Craigslist before and it did me right.
post #14 of Old 02-20-2016, 06:13 AM

It depends upon your house size and area. You ask your nearest cleaning service provider.
post #15 of Old 02-27-2016, 01:49 PM

You might find decent people on CL, just make sure you ask the right questions.
post #16 of Old 08-31-2017, 05:01 AM

Tom's Curtain Cleaners Australia will carefully examine your curtains and will determine which cleaning method is going to be the best to clean your curtain and will apply it carefully.
post #17 of Old 08-31-2017, 05:14 AM

Lotus Cleaning offers family safe carpet cleaning, and it is our goal to see that your home remains clean and free of germs and toxins. You will not always see it, but daily traffic on your carpets leaves behind dirt and grime that, when it builds up, could leave a lasting effect on your health. Vacuuming helps, but it does not necessarily remove everything.
post #18 of Old 08-31-2017, 07:45 AM

Many people use several websites to find a good cleaner. Thumbtack and Care.com are two. It is free for the customer but NOT for the cleaner. On Thumbtack, customers can write reviews of your work, which helps a lot. iI douobt they could be faked, because the writer has to have posted a job listing before they can review the cleaner. I do know that on Craigs Lis\t, reviews ARE faked.

Most cleaners charge by the hour, and the price depends on where you live. It is important to get at least 3-4 quotes, so you can get a good idea of what people in your town pay for cleaning. From your description, you sounds very much like many of my customers. Maybe not wealthy, or have a huge home, and the owners work or are very busy with kids. Many people in your situation do hire a house cleaner, at least for a while. Most people choose to have cleanings every two weeks, but some want weekly. That is up to you, and what you can afford.
post #19 of Old 10-17-2017, 06:02 AM

What is your question exactly?
post #20 of Old 10-17-2017, 08:12 AM

Forget Craigs List. Waste of time because mostly you're gonna get cleaning companies, who may not have the best prices. Use another site like Care.com or Thumbtack. Post your needs and you should get more than one or two quotes. This will give you an idea of the price. Talk to all the people who responded. If you have even a hunch that the person isnt going to be any good, trust that feeling. Next...very important - read any and all reviews of their work that you can find. They are NOT faked, like they can be on Craigs List. Ask the people you think might be okay for references, and CALL those references.
Most cleaners in MY area charge by the hour, but not all. Some quote a figure based on the size of the home, and other factors. Those quotes tend to be really high, IMO. If you decide to hire a "cleaning company," (ie more than one employee-) be aware that the person they send out may NOT be as good as the person you spoke to!!! After you have hired someone, or a company, make it clear that the first cleaning will be sort of a trial, and that you are not committing to ongoing services until you see how that first cleaning goes. This can be said gently and politely, and any decent cleaner will understand and not be offended.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode