How to bid on an assisted living facility please help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

How to bid on an assisted living facility please help

Jus did an estimate walk through on an assisted living facility 24,000 sq ft and 24 full baths and 24 half baths and 2 laundry rooms and 2 common area bathrooms. 2 kitchens etx , don't know what to bid ,,??? Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

They want it cleaned every two weeks thanks
post #3 of Old 04-22-2015, 09:38 PM

interested in this too

Providing cleaning & maid services in Tampa, Sarasota, Saint Pete, Lakeland, Brandon, Valrico, Lithia, Fishhawk, Poinciana, and Kissimmee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-22-2015, 11:20 PM

You have baths twice so I'm guessing you mean bedrooms too? It doesn't really matter but here is how you come up with the answer to your question.

How long do you think it will it take you to clean each bedroom?
+
How long do you think it will take you to clean each bathroom?
+
How long will it take you to clean each laundry room?
+
How long do you think it will take you to clean each kitchen?
+
How long do you think it will take you to clean the 2 common area bathrooms?
=
Number of hours it should take you

See how simple that was? Now that you have that figured out, how much do you need to make per man hour? Are you going to do it alone, are you going to do it with help, are you going to let employees do it and you not clean at all? Figure all this in and make sure you figure everything there is to figure for an employee if you are going to use any. I learned many years ago that even if my plan was to not use any employees, figure in their cost anyway because what seems glamorous today doesn't seem so great in a few months.

How much chemicals/cleaning products will you use in each room to clean?

Add in any other thing you need to add in as costs.

Now take the number of hours it will take you to clean x the amount you need to charge per hour and you have your answer of what you need to charge each cleaning.

Or charge psf but personally I don't like charging that way.

I'm not a commercial guy so maybe Pete will chime in if I wasn't correct. Good luck!

Last edited by sprintcar93; 04-22-2015 at 11:24 PM.
post #5 of Old 04-23-2015, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply it's a hard one to figure out I think she would not go for the price we came up with. What would you do ?
post #6 of Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 PM

I would block her number from my phone. Everything you described above is why I don't do commercial type of work.

Maybe Pete will be here and can help you with this bid soon. Give him through the weekend and maybe he will show up.
post #7 of Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Sprintcar93 tell me about your business and what ur doing
post #8 of Old 04-23-2015, 06:45 PM

We clean houses. The way I do things it is easy to get customers, easy to bid jobs, get the job (or not) usually the same day you bid it, the payment is waiting for you when you arrive to the job and if you are doing it alone (I'm guessing you work alone) you can set your own schedule of days and hours you want to work.

vs Commercial

Kinda hard to get in to a place to give a bid. Kinda hard to tell how long it will take (experienced people can probably do it but for the novice it is hard), Takes a few days to write up the bid then you have to wait no telling how long and see if you got the job or not, wait on pay (net 15-30-45-60-90 days), some places put the job up for bid yearly no matter if they like you or not.

As for pay: Residential can be from $25-$75/$90+ a man hour vs commercial is usually from $20-$30/$35 a man hour.

For example today we averaged $38.71 per man hour.

In commercial it really helps if you can strip & wax floors and clean carpet. In residential I've never been asked to do either since 1998. I did own a carpet cleaning company for 4 years so I did market to my customers but no one has ever asked about it.

Some people LOVE commercial. For me it's not about LOVING any of it. I LOVE money and this is more profitable for me.
post #9 of Old 04-27-2015, 05:06 AM

I agree with sprint. Commercial cleaning has more drama than a korean tv series. It's way too much stress for the kind of money the job bring in.
post #10 of Old 10-10-2015, 10:40 PM

The Feds have cut back on the amount they pay ALFs for each resident. The states have also cut back on the amount they pay. ALF management pay is partially based upon the profit of the facility. Which means they are cheap. It also means that even with a signed agreement, they look for ways to not pay you for your work. It also means that some ALFs are slow to pay. They can use their people, at $9.10 an hour + real poor benefits. That gives you an idea what the ALF is willing to pay you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode