How to clean carpet and remove stains? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

How to clean carpet and remove stains?

What are the best products or methods I can use to remove the stains my my white carpet in my new apartment? Some of the stains are from pets and some of the other stains are just drinks and other liquids that stained.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 AM

Best is to google a carpet cleaner in your area and call them up.

Saves you money and time. And be careful in future carpet cleaning is expensive.
post #3 of Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM

Ways to clean carpet:

Pre-Inspect – look for fading, discoloration, stains, pre-existing damage, color instability and odors to see if carpet repair is needed.
Pre-Vacuum – both the back and front side of each rug, as well as dusting.
Pre-Treat – spots, spills and stains using the most advanced spotting techniques.
Pre-Clean – fringes by hand.
Pre-Treat – traffic and heavily soiled areas.
Rinse – to start the rug cleaning and remove soil and cleaning residue to restore the natural feel
Restore – the nap with special grooming tools. (Fiber wear or distortion is not reversible)
Dry – your rugs in a climate controlled drying room or under the sun. Drying time is less than 24 hours.
Post Inspect – to assure the best cleaning possible.
Re-Treat – any remaining spots and stains.
Custom Pampering – provide any needed finishing touches specific to the best possible cleaning of your valuable rug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 AM

I totally agree with LArugcleaning, these are the methods, which can be used for carpet cleaning. The post exactly describes the finenesses of carpet cleaning industry thanks
post #5 of Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

easy tips to buy a carpet and washing tips and how to clean a carpet are available at http://www.saygeneral.com
post #6 of Old 07-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Re: Clean carpet and remove stains

I would recommend calling a professional on a white carpet with multiple types of stains. Pet stains can be really tricky and you can ruin your carpet if you are not experienced.

Don't just get the first company you see, find one that is experienced in dealing with stains.
post #7 of Old 07-15-2010, 05:08 AM

What are the best products or methods I can use to remove the stains my my white carpet in my new apartment? Some of the stains are from pets and some of the other stains are just drinks and other liquids that stained.
post #8 of Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Banned

carpet cleaning needs very hard working and some washing methods are harmful for the carpet, i also need useful tips for buying a carpet and cleaning a carpet.
post #9 of Old 07-22-2010, 05:53 AM

No add Pl

Cute girl No ad Plz

well for white carpet you can use steam clean or dry cleaning method that would be effective , don't clean with water or hot water cleaning method coz water attracts dust than it may cause several other stain prob to your dear carpet

Cheers!!

Regards

Carpet Cleaning Cheshire

Expert in carpet cleaning
post #10 of Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM

If you don't know how to do it yourself, then I would recommend you to call in professionals. Whether you are looking for carpet cleaners or pest controllers, you can easily find a good one online on internet who can help you out to clean things.
post #11 of Old 06-11-2012, 12:05 AM

just wash it and let it dry
Austin Midwife | Austin Midwives | Austin Birthing Center | Austin Birth Center | Austin Wellness Center

Last edited by fashionista12; 06-11-2012 at 12:12 AM.
post #12 of Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 AM

white carpet is the toughest to fully restore. Best advice is to get a pro with stain removing expertise. Encapsulent carpet cleaners work great for pet stains.
post #13 of Old 07-15-2012, 01:27 AM

I would recommend calling a professional on a white carpet with multiple types of stains. Pet stains can be really tricky and you can ruin your carpet if you are not experienced.
post #14 of Old 07-19-2012, 01:22 AM

Well, the easiest and best way to get your carpets clean and free from stains is to call in professional carpet cleaners to get things done without any hassles.
post #15 of Old 07-21-2012, 12:41 AM

Cleaning the carpet with regular vacuuming and using of vinegar or baking soda is one of the best way for cleaning the carpet! Apart that you can also recommend calling a professional cleaners for cleaning!

chandelier cleaning
post #16 of Old 08-01-2012, 02:34 AM

How to clean carpet and remove stains?

If you want to remove stain by yourself then you can try house hold product for cleaning your carpet. Use mild liquid dish detergent (which should not contain bleach or alkaline) mix thoroughly with water and spray into the carpet stain, for rigid stain use toothbrush to rub it.
If it doesn't work then I would suggest you to hire carpet cleaner.

Last edited by smithjessica; 08-01-2012 at 02:37 AM.
post #17 of Old 01-22-2015, 03:27 AM

You should hire a professional. Since the stains are old some of them may not be cleaned but at least the carpet will be totally disinfected.
Cleaning Services Lewisham
post #18 of Old 01-22-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithjessica View Post
If you want to remove stain by yourself then you can try house hold product for cleaning your carpet. Use mild liquid dish detergent (which should not contain bleach or alkaline) mix thoroughly with water and spray into the carpet stain, for rigid stain use toothbrush to rub it.
If it doesn't work then I would suggest you to hire carpet cleaner.

This is about the last thing you want to do. Putting soap in your carpet will make it turn black in the long run. There is only 1 cleaner in the world that doesn't have a surfactant in it an that is Procyon. Most carpet cleaners won't use it because it keeps the carpet too clean and they don't get to return as often.
post #19 of Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM

We should use clean water to remove stains.
I prefer strong cleaners surf like tide, Arial etc.,
post #20 of Old 03-09-2015, 06:15 AM

For cleaning carpet and remove stains there is need of mixture of white vinegar, Dawn dish soap, and water in a spray bottle.

Last edited by stevewilliams; 03-28-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode