How to clean a green pool. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

How to clean a green pool.

We just bought a new home with an above the ground pool that looks as if it has been lying in neglect for a while.The water is so green,I can dye clothing in it.I am a first time pool owner.What do i do to clean it.All replies are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM

Have you looked at chlorine tablets for pools?
post #3 of Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM

Chlorine for sure is the best way for getting your pool cleaned. But the amount of chlorine inserted in your pool should be with in specified range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 AM

Congrats for being the first time pool owner however, owning a pool also comes with the responsibility of keeping the water clean and free from algae. You can start up cleaning of your swimming pool with determining the extent of problem by using test kit. Then algaecide as directed to kill swimming pool algae and leave them for a day. After that run your pool filter while adding chlorine shock.
post #5 of Old 11-28-2013, 01:52 AM

A masterpiece both in written form and meaning surely has a price. May be a handful of people will think it’s normal. But keep working. Move on. I like it.

Islington plumbing
post #6 of Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 PM

pool cleaning

For having the pool for the first time i want to congrats you. If you want to make your pool neat and clean i want to suggest you that you have to change water over it after 3 or 4 days so that water should not be dirty, and for cleaning you first make the pool empty and then use various chemicals to make it clean. Nothing special i can offer you.
post #7 of Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 AM

The first solution is you should call a pool cleaning service provider because as you mention that the pool is very dirty and have algae everywhere in big amount. But if you think that expensive for you then you have to do a lot of hard work to clean that. first use chlorine tablet and then use a algae remover to clean the pool.
post #8 of Old 01-13-2014, 06:07 PM

It may be best to drain and start over.
post #9 of Old 01-13-2014, 06:54 PM
J4K

Depending on how bad it is you can treat it. As stated use an algae treatment according to the directions on the bottle. You will need to shock the heck out of it as well, maybe up to 8 bags over time depending on the size of your pool. Our filter stopped working last summer unknown to us and we have a problem with it as well, but we did get it back just took time and chemicals
post #10 of Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenikolic View Post
We just bought a new home with an above the ground pool that looks as if it has been lying in neglect for a while.The water is so green,I can dye clothing in it.I am a first time pool owner.What do i do to clean it.All replies are welcome.
Hi alicenikolic,

Can you give me some answers for my questions..after that i can help you..
What is your capacity of your pool??Is there any filter or pump installed??
post #11 of Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 AM

Clean Green Pool

draining the pool may be an expensive option.
You can use Biological treatment products to treat pool water such as Hydra Pond Clear Plus to make it clean and it is safe for humans, pets, fish.
post #12 of Old 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

How to clean a green pool.

I totally agree that a pool needs to be kept clean and not let it go green,and let the algae grow.Algae are small micro-organism that grows rapidly in warm water,and is most likely the cause of your green water. But pool algae is very easy to kill and control.Chlorine is a very effective sanitizer for water. It will inhibit algae from growing. Chlorine can destroy the algae. The fastest way is to use chlorine pool shock with a main active ingredient of calcium hypochlorite.
post #13 of Old 04-28-2014, 01:04 AM

Honestly, I've never had to deal with a pool but this is a fascinating thought experiment on how I would tackle it. Would need to give it some thought.

Easy Clean Toronto - Your Cleaning Services Toronto | Google+ | Book Online
post #14 of Old 05-09-2014, 02:31 AM

Make sure you have good flow. Clean your filter and all your baskets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode