How To Clean Window With Vinegar - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

How To Clean Window With Vinegar

If you have tried to clean your windows with plain vinegar and gotten streaks, there is a simple reason and an easy remedy.The recommendation for windows was almost always to clean them with nothing but vinegar and water. People by the thousands tried this, and many swore off cleaning with homemade products for good because the formula left streaks on their windows. The problem was that the commercial window cleaner used before the switch to vinegar left a very fine wax residue. The vinegar alone wasn’t enough to remove it, and the result was streaky windows.
Try this recipe, combine 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar, and up to 1/2 teaspoon of liquid soap or detergent in a spray bottle. the windows would have been cleaned perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM

I never tried this but I heard from lot of people that it is good way to clean window. Like you I also believes in cleaning with natural products so that we can assure about its side effects. I used less water to cleaning windows and I like to clean it with clean paper and cloth piece.
post #3 of Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 AM

Hi Jake,
I am very thankful to you providing such a wonderful tips to cleaning the window by using of vinegar. Your advice is really appreciable and helpful for newbies. However, vinegar really works with good cleaning services . One day I was thinking that how to clean chandeliers to making it more shiny and I cleaned it with vinegar. However there are many home made products for cleaning but I found it best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-27-2012, 02:25 AM

Another easy bit of advice, put Vinegar in a squeeze bottle and use it like Windex..it rules!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode