Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

How do I find new leads?

11K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Continuum 
#1 ·
I want to start doing post construction cleaning either commercially or residential. Whats the best way to get to the contractors?

#2 ·
The internet is my best friend for this :)
Make a website and submit it to search engines. And post everywhere you can place free ads.
Make up a marketing packet and send it off to companies in your area (drive around and check out the big construction signs for the buildings going up around you; often they are out of state contractors) Do something special to set your info apart from the other companies trying to get the job.
I've even heard of people just walking on site and asking for the project manager and flat out offering your services face to face (not my cup of tea)

If you are insured and legit send me an email sparklingclean@frederick.com and I can send you the name of a national construction company I work with when they are in my area. They build all of the stores for certain chains of stores and such.

#10 ·
The internet is my best friend for this :)
Make a website and submit it to search engines. And post everywhere you can place free ads.
Make up a marketing packet and send it off to companies in your area (drive around and check out the big construction signs for the buildings going up around you; often they are out of state contractors) Do something special to set your info apart from the other companies trying to get the job.
I've even heard of people just walking on site and asking for the project manager and flat out offering your services face to face (not my cup of tea)

If you are insured and legit send me an email sparklingclean@frederick.com and I can send you the name of a national construction company I work with when they are in my area. They build all of the stores for certain chains of stores and such.

hi ,
your right Melikahiwa.now a days internate is the thing wherein we can find every thing .we don't need to be measleaded or depend on any one

#12 ·
Are you in Australia?

If so you could try signing up for Quotify, they provide you with leads in your area for the type of jobs you want, and you only pay for the leads you get given.
Have you had success with this? We are about to open up in Australia. All of our marketing has been done traditionally so far. Offline and through strategic partnerships. I'm on this forum to learn more about online marketing tactics for my cleaning business.

What kind of ROI did you get with Quotify?

#4 ·
I want to start doing post construction cleaning either commercially or residential. Whats the best way to get to the contractors?
Bars, brothels, risque video stores, and Dunkin Donuts. :whistling2:

#7 ·
You could go to the website of your state's contractor board and go through all of the new contractors and contact the ones in your area. I do this when I'm trying to open commercial accounts for the company I work with.

The problem with this is you will get a lot of subcontractors more than the generals.

The best way would be to go to your court house and ask for a list of all building permits sold for new construction. Make your rounds and talk to the contractors. Most will already be using somebody else but if their normal guy is booked when they need him (doubtful in this market) you should now hopefully be next on his list.

I wouldn't bother sending mail unless possibly a post card. I used to be a general contractor and got so much mail that only the stuff I recogonized or was looking for got opened.

Aaron

#8 ·
Aaron I have found that most new contractors are very disorganized and underfunded. I almost always have to chase them down for payment. I don't do work for contractors unless they are established and are willing to pay regular retail rates.

#9 ·
I agree with what's been said already. I have a construction cleaning website that I'm not doing anything with. I keep an eye on my stats and get regular visitors because it's ranked well for my keyword terms.

Some folks also go contact me via my contact page but I don't do that kind of work.

I could make some changes to the SEO by adding a geographic location and easily come up for just about any location I choose.

The Internet is a great tool for getting leads.
:thumbup:

#13 ·
Have you ever considered hiring any appointment setting team to help you in this regard?

There are agencies that utilize cold calling, SEO, email marketing, and even PPC ad campaigning to generate leads for you.

Of course, each of these processes will cost you money but by investing extra $200 to $300 you can still raise your sales figure by 60% minimum.

#14 ·
Emails and online ads

You can go online and find the emails of few hundred estate agents, builders, student accomodations, etc. Then email them a great package deal. Don`t be cheap, be smart.

Offer 300 euro for a full deep clean + free windows. The word free will attract them.

You can also drop around building sites and chat the foreman. Of course 90% will send you out, but few will call you. That s how i started and i ended up with 400 regular contracts in 2014. No need for mad planing. You are the plan. Talk with people

#19 ·
1. Social media is the way to go...Facebook, Twitter, etc.
2. Get your website up and running. Make sure it's SEO
3. If you can't afford #1 or #2, then get out there and talk to clients. Either cold call or just show up and drop off a card and flyer. I did this to my business in 2017 & 2018 and generated over 25 new clients.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.