How do I find new leads? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 11Likes
  • 1 Post By jgravittjr
  • 1 Post By Melikahiwa
  • 1 Post By kathgunter
  • 1 Post By PressurePros
  • 1 Post By kendra
  • 1 Post By t.peterson
  • 1 Post By In & Out Services
  • 1 Post By PressurePros
  • 1 Post By dorunrun
  • 1 Post By 1stclasscleaningnyc
  • 1 Post By pressurewashing

post #1 of Old 12-11-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

How do I find new leads?

I want to start doing post construction cleaning either commercially or residential. Whats the best way to get to the contractors?
Home123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM

The internet is my best friend for this :-)
Make a website and submit it to search engines. And post everywhere you can place free ads.
Make up a marketing packet and send it off to companies in your area (drive around and check out the big construction signs for the buildings going up around you; often they are out of state contractors) Do something special to set your info apart from the other companies trying to get the job.
I've even heard of people just walking on site and asking for the project manager and flat out offering your services face to face (not my cup of tea)

If you are insured and legit send me an email [email protected] and I can send you the name of a national construction company I work with when they are in my area. They build all of the stores for certain chains of stores and such.
Home123 likes this.
post #3 of Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 AM

pay per lead website

Are you in Australia?

If so you could try signing up for Quotify, they provide you with leads in your area for the type of jobs you want, and you only pay for the leads you get given.

It's at http://www.quotify.com.au/cleaning/ but you have to go to the suppliers tab to sign up.

Hope this helps!
Home123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-14-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgravittjr View Post
I want to start doing post construction cleaning either commercially or residential. Whats the best way to get to the contractors?
Bars, brothels, risque video stores, and Dunkin Donuts.
Home123 likes this.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 05-14-2008, 03:19 PM

We sent flyers to all the builders in our area but I think that our website is where we get most of our new business. Once you get a few and do a good job word of mouth is good.
Home123 likes this.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #6 of Old 05-14-2008, 05:24 PM

try this link for the names and contact information of builders close to you -

http://www.nahb.org/local_association_search_form.aspx
Home123 likes this.
post #7 of Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 AM

You could go to the website of your state's contractor board and go through all of the new contractors and contact the ones in your area. I do this when I'm trying to open commercial accounts for the company I work with.

The problem with this is you will get a lot of subcontractors more than the generals.

The best way would be to go to your court house and ask for a list of all building permits sold for new construction. Make your rounds and talk to the contractors. Most will already be using somebody else but if their normal guy is booked when they need him (doubtful in this market) you should now hopefully be next on his list.

I wouldn't bother sending mail unless possibly a post card. I used to be a general contractor and got so much mail that only the stuff I recogonized or was looking for got opened.

Aaron
Home123 likes this.
post #8 of Old 06-08-2008, 02:36 PM

Aaron I have found that most new contractors are very disorganized and underfunded. I almost always have to chase them down for payment. I don't do work for contractors unless they are established and are willing to pay regular retail rates.
Home123 likes this.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #9 of Old 06-14-2008, 10:37 PM

I agree with what's been said already. I have a construction cleaning website that I'm not doing anything with. I keep an eye on my stats and get regular visitors because it's ranked well for my keyword terms.

Some folks also go contact me via my contact page but I don't do that kind of work.

I could make some changes to the SEO by adding a geographic location and easily come up for just about any location I choose.

The Internet is a great tool for getting leads.
Home123 likes this.
post #10 of Old 06-20-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melikahiwa View Post
The internet is my best friend for this :-)
Make a website and submit it to search engines. And post everywhere you can place free ads.
Make up a marketing packet and send it off to companies in your area (drive around and check out the big construction signs for the buildings going up around you; often they are out of state contractors) Do something special to set your info apart from the other companies trying to get the job.
I've even heard of people just walking on site and asking for the project manager and flat out offering your services face to face (not my cup of tea)

If you are insured and legit send me an email [email protected] and I can send you the name of a national construction company I work with when they are in my area. They build all of the stores for certain chains of stores and such.

hi ,
your right Melikahiwa.now a days internate is the thing wherein we can find every thing .we don't need to be measleaded or depend on any one
Home123 likes this.
post #11 of Old 08-02-2019, 01:58 AM

Agreed with 1st class cleaning nyc member.
Home123 likes this.

Last edited by pressurewashing; 08-02-2019 at 02:09 AM.
post #12 of Old 08-07-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathgunter View Post
Are you in Australia?

If so you could try signing up for Quotify, they provide you with leads in your area for the type of jobs you want, and you only pay for the leads you get given.
Have you had success with this? We are about to open up in Australia. All of our marketing has been done traditionally so far. Offline and through strategic partnerships. I'm on this forum to learn more about online marketing tactics for my cleaning business.

What kind of ROI did you get with Quotify?
post #13 of Old 08-19-2019, 08:34 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgravittjr View Post
Have you ever considered hiring any appointment setting team to help you in this regard?

There are agencies that utilize cold calling, SEO, email marketing, and even PPC ad campaigning to generate leads for you.

Of course, each of these processes will cost you money but by investing extra $200 to $300 you can still raise your sales figure by 60% minimum.

Barry Martin
Chief Marketing Officer
Janitorial Leads Pro
(646) 583-1385 | [email protected]
post #14 of Old 08-27-2019, 07:08 AM

Try at least one or better all of these in start:

Make a Website
Do Social Media
Post Infographics
Post Classifieds
post #15 of Old Today, 01:48 PM

Emails and online ads

You can go online and find the emails of few hundred estate agents, builders, student accomodations, etc. Then email them a great package deal. Don`t be cheap, be smart.

Offer 300 euro for a full deep clean + free windows. The word free will attract them.

You can also drop around building sites and chat the foreman. Of course 90% will send you out, but few will call you. That s how i started and i ended up with 400 regular contracts in 2014. No need for mad planing. You are the plan. Talk with people

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode