How do I get rid of this black stain on my hardwood floor? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-05-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

How do I get rid of this black stain on my hardwood floor?

How do I get rid of this black stain on my hardwood floor? It could be a water stain with mold or some other kind of gunk in it. I don't want to ruin my floor by using the wrong stain removers. Maybe I should get it professionally treated?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stain.jpg (97.2 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Well, if it is real wood, sand it down and refinish it. And more than likely the whole floor will need to be sanded and refinished. But then again.... there could be some miracle to fix it but I doubt it.

The reason the whole floor might need sanded is because it is so dark. It will need to be sanded down far enough to get the dark out of it.
post #3 of Old 04-05-2015, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

what kind of a stain does it look like to you? What would make it stain that way? no other part of my floor has that stain, yet I've dropped water in other parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-06-2015, 12:41 AM

I have no clue and it doesn't really matter what kind it is. The worst part for you is that it is black. My buddy who does floor work agreed with what I said so that is probably the only way you will get rid of it.

What kind it is or who did it or what time it happened doesn't really matter. It's black and it's there to stay unless it's sanded.

Do you know how long it has been there?
post #5 of Old 04-20-2015, 03:42 AM

Try vinegar solution.

If the stain is light; apply vinegar solution to the stain , If it did not seem to work, wipe off the vinegar. Another idea is Mix a solution of half bleach and half water. Apply it to the stain. Do not get any solution on surrounding wood, only on the stain.These ideas are suggested by Handi maids, the professional house cleaners from Allison and it really works.
post #6 of Old 04-20-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdelee View Post
If the stain is light; apply vinegar solution to the stain , If it did not seem to work, wipe off the vinegar. Another idea is Mix a solution of half bleach and half water. Apply it to the stain. Do not get any solution on surrounding wood, only on the stain.These ideas are suggested by Handi maids, the professional house cleaners from Allison and it really works.
I doubt any of these will work as it does seem that the stain already dried up on the hardwood for a while now. Sanding and refinishing everything would be the best choice mainly coz the floor already looks dark and dirty.
post #7 of Old 05-22-2015, 07:49 AM

1. Soak a cotton rag with hydrogen peroxide.
  2. Place the wet rag on the stain and allow it to soak in the wood to bleach out the stain.
  3. Remove the rag, and wipe up any excess hydrogen peroxide.
  4. Allow the floor to dry.

Last edited by jacobwillam111; 05-22-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode