how do you feel about green cleaning products? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 57Likes

post #1 of Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

how do you feel about green cleaning products?

How do you feel about green cleaning products? I used a couple recently and enjoyed the thought of using something more environmentally sound, but I was underwhelmed with the results.

Tell me what you think.
Home123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 AM

Well it's really cool and awesome to used green cleaning products because it's all organic and environmentally good.
Home123 likes this.
post #3 of Old 03-01-2012, 05:12 AM

When you think of the environment, you probably don't think about the environment inside your home, office. There are a lot of green alternatives out there for cleaning supplies. There is also been a rise in the quality of these. However, I do like to find alternatives with household chemicals for every day applications. It is saying that green products are safe for health so it can be used without risks.
Home123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM

In my opinion water is the only green cleaning product - A chemical is a chemical. Though some probably more safe than others.

A true Green cleaning company will:
1. Us an hybrid vehicle to get their sites
2. Maximise Recycling of waste
3. Use microfiber cloths and mops
4. Use HEPA vacuum
5. Minimise purchase of plastic containers
6. Dispose of waste from mopping and other cleaning safely
7. Minimise use of chemicals

and possibly more.

So in my opinion being a Green Cleaning Company is just not about chemicals
Home123 likes this.
post #5 of Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

I guess there are varying degree's of green, I am almost positive I wont be getting a hybrid vehicle anytime soon. (not because I don't like them it just doesn't exist yet for the kind of weight I am hauling) I would like to focus on small changes as time goes on. I am always looking for a gentler pre spray or a safer protector.
Home123 likes this.
post #6 of Old 03-03-2012, 10:47 AM

I like your question.Because i love this green cleaning products.
window cleaner

Home123 likes this.
post #7 of Old 03-23-2012, 11:12 PM

green

they are great if they work. Most general purpose cleaners are ok if green . i have yet to find a green toilet cleaner that does what i need it to do.
Home123 likes this.
post #8 of Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 PM

Call me old-fashioned but I don't think any of these "green" cleaning products will do the job the way conventional cleaning stuff does. At the end of the day the client wants end results. I believe that faced with the dilema - trendy "green" stuff or better results, he is going straight to number 2 .

Many manufacturers are milking this very popular niche at the moment mainly due to the lack of more detailed information and research.

Fact: you can make your work more environmentally friendly without switching to "green" cleaning materials.
Home123 likes this.

Professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services within the London area. Our company will take the utmost care of your rugs and carpets. For an excellent peace of mind, our carpet cleaners are fully insured and your property adequately protected.
post #9 of Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM

couldn't agree with you more pheonixman. it's so trendy now, i think a lot of companies are just putting the word "green" on stuff...when in reality it isn't.
Home123 likes this.
post #10 of Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 AM

Accordingly to environment there are more and more brands of healthy, green, and effective cleaning products are available. I would like to go for maximise Recycling of waste and use microfiber cloths and mops.
Home123 likes this.
post #11 of Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 AM

I think its always good to be go green. All the cleaning services should be think of it and use the natural and Eco friendly cleaning products.
Home123 likes this.
post #12 of Old 05-02-2012, 11:35 PM

Anything that is safer yet still effective is great in my book. Our company carpet cleaning Tampa does use Procyon as well as green guard buy triplex. Both of these products work really well and we have been thrilled with them. You have to get the powdered formula Procyon and mix extremely hot for your pre spray and it work really we'll.
Home123 likes this.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #13 of Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 PM

Couldn't agree more mcatt! Procyon for truck mounts powdered formula rips! We also use green guard as well. Are you copying us or what? Hahaha I find this combo works well except on the absolute dirtiest carpets which in that case our company carpet cleaning mission viejo use more old school traditional pre treats. But we still can rinse with a green product or smoking hot water if a client requests that process.
Home123 likes this.

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #14 of Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighti View Post
In my opinion water is the only green cleaning product - A chemical is a chemical. Though some probably more safe than others.

A true Green cleaning company will:
1. Us an hybrid vehicle to get their sites
2. Maximise Recycling of waste
3. Use microfiber cloths and mops
4. Use HEPA vacuum
5. Minimise purchase of plastic containers
6. Dispose of waste from mopping and other cleaning safely
7. Minimise use of chemicals

and possibly more.

So in my opinion being a Green Cleaning Company is just not about chemicals

this is true,

There are some small things people can do within your list If companies are not doing them for now. I believe that water and natural solutions are the perfect way to clean your home. I use alot of lemon, vinegar ( not on hard wood floors) and drops of tea tree oil for daily cleaning and disinfecting. I invested in a good steam cleaning mop that allows me to remove stains , steam drapes and carpets only using hot water NO CHEMICALS and also comes with reusable cloths and microfibre pads. There are different kinds of steam cleaners so choose the one you feel is worth your money. I purchased the h2o mopx5 , a as seen on tv product and it works pretty good.

http://www.thaneproducts.com/h2o-mop-x5/

Do some research and a little trail and error and you can see that using natural products can clean your home the same as any green cleaner out there.
Home123 likes this.
post #15 of Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Throwing open the windows on the first warm day of the year is one of life's great pleasures--until, of course, all that sunlight and breeze makes you realize how dusty, dirty, and cluttered your house has become during the winter hibernation.
Home123 likes this.
post #16 of Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM

A few years ago, when I was working for a construction cleaning company, we got a job to clean just the interior windows all the way around a three story building. We were given three day to do three floors.
Unfortunatly, we also had to use green glass cleaner, found out it was baking soda and water.
Long story short...it took us three weeks. baking soda does not remove silicon caulking or cement.

However...if what you are cleaning is all ready clean then it may be ok to use green cleaning prouducts
Home123 likes this.
post #17 of Old 05-11-2012, 05:26 AM

As per my think, you should use green cleaning products to clean your equipments. It is a safe way to use and it has no chemical in any products. I think you should always prefer to use only green products because i have a good experience to use it.
Home123 likes this.
post #18 of Old 05-11-2012, 02:16 PM

I like the thought of them, but i agree, they don't really work THAT well. It's a hard toss up on what to do.
Home123 likes this.
post #19 of Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
I like the thought of them, but i agree, they don't really work THAT well. It's a hard toss up on what to do.
May be this is possible but i really use green products to clean everything and it is works well. There are many cheap green products available for cleaning but they all not works good. If you are going with high quality products then you will never face this problems.
Home123 likes this.
post #20 of Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM

I have not had that much luck using green products. However, I have also discovered that many people do not use regular cleaning products in the proper manner (ie- if a little bit is good a whole lot is better). Following the instructions properly for all cleaning products (green included) will produce better results, save money and reduce the possibility of chemical polution in the environment. If the instructions on the container are unreadable or sparse, go online to the manufacturer's web site to find the proper instructions. Your cleaning supply store can also help you with proper usage of cleaning chemicals.
Home123 likes this.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322

Last edited by OSAJanitor; 06-14-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode