How important in eco-friendliness to you? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-13-2017, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

How important in eco-friendliness to you?

So, at our company, Mr. Homecare, we make sure that we minimize water usage and avoid it altogether whenever possible. We also use bio-degradable products in our cleaning. I always thought that this is because we come from a country where we treat nature with a lot of respect. I wanted to know, is this the trend all over the world, or do home cleaners elsewhere think differently. Would really like to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-20-2017, 04:47 PM

Green cleaning is very important to me.
post #3 of Old 06-25-2017, 06:09 PM

I think that cleaning company owners need to be educated on effect that the chemicals in the cleaning products have on the health of the cleaner, the client and family, and the environment. I know a family that all have asthma and when they switched to all-natural, non-toxic, chemical-free cleaning products, they had less and less flare ups.

Heather Fuller~Infinite Legacy Solutions
Education, Action, Support

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-03-2017, 02:41 AM

Yeah!
post #5 of Old 08-03-2017, 08:16 AM

post #6 of Old 08-04-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristineclean87 View Post
overrated

Could you explain what you mean? What is overated? "Green" products? I'd like to know.
post #7 of Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannienow View Post
Could you explain what you mean? What is overated? "Green" products? I'd like to know.
"Green" products generally aren't much if at all safer than traditional cleaning products, and are rarely as effective. Vinegar, for example, is nowhere near the holy grail that people treat it as. The "theives" cleaner that people rave about is just a basic soap surfactant with essential oils for scent. Whoopdeedoo, nothing special just good marketing. Make your own with a drop of dish soap and whatever scents you like.
post #8 of Old 08-12-2017, 11:06 AM

I kind of agree with you. II have not found vinegar to be all the effective in cleaning and the smell annoys me. I am a big fan of both Meyers Clean Day and Watkins all purpose cleaners. They work fine and smell divine. Yep, they cost more, but to me, it is worth it. However, Lysol, Chlorox, etc., all make decent all purpose cleaners. Even Fabuloso does a fair sort of job, especially on tile floors. I do not use it, but I know others do. Maybe its the community in which I live - some of my customers have MONEY - but most seem to much prefer my using the more expensive stuff. They are quite concentrated, so you do not need to use much. When I first started my business, I used way too much, and when I got mild complaints that floors felt sticky, I used a lot less.

I am very partial to Lysol's Hydrogen Peroxide all purpose cleaner. I used it on almost anything. It does a great job in whitening surfaces but is not harsh like a bleach would be. And it smells pretty nice, too.
Annie
post #9 of Old 08-14-2017, 06:05 AM

Green Products and procedures that are easier for your janitorial use, better for facility occupants, and safer for the environment.

MBA Supply Company
Cleaning Supplies and Equipment Repair Company
post #10 of Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 AM

Fine, but no one has explained exactly what they mean when they say "green products." If you dont explain, people are not going to change their thinking.

Many commercial products claim to be eco-friendly. Is eco-friendly what you mean by "green"? How do you KNOW a product is green? Personally, I dont totally trust what companies say in their advertising.
post #11 of Old 08-15-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannienow View Post
Fine, but no one has explained exactly what they mean when they say "green products." If you dont explain, people are not going to change their thinking.

Many commercial products claim to be eco-friendly. Is eco-friendly what you mean by "green"? How do you KNOW a product is green? Personally, I dont totally trust what companies say in their advertising.
for me too
post #12 of Old 08-15-2017, 01:56 PM

Its a bit strange that no one has explained this. Makes me start thinking maybe they dont know what they are talking about.

Sorry to be grumpy. Its so hot here in Florida all you want to do is vegetate in an air conditioned room! NOT my kind of life.
post #13 of Old 08-17-2017, 01:33 AM

Yes, it is important for me, in fact this is important for everyone. Because Eco- friendly products don't damage the environment and keep us happy and healthy.
post #14 of Old 08-17-2017, 04:51 AM

Each one of us can be environmentally friendly in our day to day life. A zeal to contribute to our ecosystem is the core driving force for such noble measures. At present more and more companies are going green in an effort to protect the environment for generations to come. Many organizations today follow 3R principle. Recycling is the magic word for a bright "green" future.
Even swimming pools are eco-friendly these days. They have come up with many upgrades like the variable speed pumps, LED lighting and the like as mentioned in the doc http://www.soldapools.com/blog/swimm...pool-upgrades/.
Few small steps like switching off your TV/computer/sound system, turning off water while cleaning your teeth, growing your own food are simple steps anyone can do.
I use low energy bulbs, recycle household waste and have a wildlife friendly garden. My children often use public transport system or their bicycle. I reuse my plastic bags for shopping.
post #15 of Old 08-23-2017, 10:42 PM

Hi Sharon we also use green environmentally friendly products together with low-moisture cleaning systems that minimize the water usage...this is a trend that is growing all over the world as environmental sustainability becomes more important.
post #16 of Old 08-24-2017, 04:23 AM

It was an interesting topic to talk. Eco-friendly is a major point especially in commercial cleaning, as it does not affect much and make a positive environment.
post #17 of Old 08-24-2017, 04:29 PM

People are more environmentally alert now than they have ever been before. As a most recommended carpet cleaning company in Spokane, we use eco-friendly carpet cleaning products and use less water.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode