Instant Office Cleaning Kit - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Instant Office Cleaning Kit

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site just tonight so please make me feel welcome.

I have been toying with the idea of starting my own office cleaning company for about the last 1-2 months.

I worked for one aprx 15 years ago, and worked as a operating room custodian in my 20's for about 5 years. ( I am now 50 )

I mentioned my possible plan to my mom, who got online to do some research on the subject.

well, she ended up purchasing the " Instant Office Cleaning Kit" by Sam Rodman

Does anybody have any feedback on this book, specifically his .......
" square foot estimating chart "

He claims that up to 3000 sq ft a person should be able to do in an hour or so, and he recommends $45-$50 a clean. ( 5 x a week =$200-$250 a week) And says " These prices are the least amount you should charge for your cleaning service, not the highest amount.

My services would be....dusting, vaccuming, mop hard floors, clean-disinfect baths, waste basket empty, basic stuff.

I live aprx. 1 hour outside St. Louis, MO

I know that each job is different, but does his example seem close?

Does anybody have any feedback on his " Instant Office Cleaning Kit "

All help would be really apreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Hey,

I started my cleaning business a few months ago and I used Sam Rodmans Cleaning Kit. Its a pretty good kit but you will need to re write all the forms to suit your company. In 2 months i have landed over 50,000sq feet of contracts. What you have to do it get out there and not be afraid to go business to business trying to hustle contracts. I am very good at this and on my first day I landed a large gym and funeral home. The kit will give you the basics but i feel it is outdated. If you want a good book go out and get Mopping Up Millions. Another good book is The E-Myth Revisited. The E myth will give you good advice as to how to start your company and run it right from the get go. Mopping up millions is more up to date and will give you a better understanding of what to do in todays market. Either way all of these things are fundamentals and it is what you do day to day to help grow your small business. Keep learning and taking in information. Again i feel that kit is sort of outdated but its an alright starting point. Its worth it so go ahead and get it just don't take everything word for word like i did at first
post #3 of Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 AM

I recommend the ‘Instant Office Cleaning Kit’ guide anyone who is thinking about starting up a cleaning business, or is already in the start up phase. Even experienced business owners will learn something from the excellent information that Rodman has set out.

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-16-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCC- SCOTT View Post
I am very good at this and on my first day I landed a large gym and funeral home.
wow lucky you, how did you manage to get the chance to quote 2 places on your first day? was this through a friend of a friend type thing or did you get born lucky?
post #5 of Old 01-04-2010, 07:16 AM

Oh that is a great offer...Thanks for this provision..
post #6 of Old 04-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Office cleaning business

Best regards.

Last edited by hamburg113; 05-26-2011 at 03:55 AM.
post #7 of Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 PM

Preety interesting topic

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #8 of Old 04-26-2011, 02:57 PM

This book by Sam Rodman is a total crap. Just read the information on different forums and you will get much more knowledge than from this book. By the way, I also read it when I was starting out.
post #9 of Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphacleaning2009 View Post
This book by Sam Rodman is a total crap. Just read the information on different forums and you will get much more knowledge than from this book. By the way, I also read it when I was starting out.
Yur the 3d or 4th guy i've seen this from. Thanks for a honest opinin
post #10 of Old 05-03-2011, 11:43 PM

I think all you have to do is think think think . Business is about being innovative . Maybe you will write your own book in 10 years , make it a bestseller and get rich . This way you can leave all your contracts to us :-)

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #11 of Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 AM

This instant office cleaning kit are really nice and help for any person who wants to clean his home and make it beautiful. For me it is a chance to bring this awesome and nice kit which can help me to clean my home easily.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode