insurance or bonding? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-01-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

insurance or bonding?

Hi every one
im new here and i see theres alot of experienced business owners. Question to every one, as a new business owner i need some insight about insurance and bonding.

how or wich type of insurance should i look for? im doing strictly floor care, tile and grout cleaning ( cvt,marbale,etc.. ) do i get a janitoral insurance or theres one just for floors?

also do i need bonding now? i was told from a few people bonding is good when you have alot of accouts and the accounts you have valuable stuff that can brake or they worried if it gets stolen, is that right?

hope to hear from every ones input, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Insurance

I will get general liability insurance one million dollar minimum most companies require that and off course bonding especially if your are can have employees working for you.

Denver Carpet Cleaning
Denver carpet Cleaners
post #3 of Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Goameraclean , yea i dont have a staff of employees, just meand i have a friend will help here and there but im mainly doing the work intill i build more contacts. but i will look into the genral liabilty.

also you know whats the average charge for square foot? like whats the normal rate that most people use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-02-2011, 01:18 AM

Well, let's answer your question about bonding. Who ever told you that you should get bonded in case someone breaks something has no idea what they are talking about... IF that is what they said... maybe you got confused.

Bonding is for theft.

Insurance is in case something breaks or you accidently burn the building down.

I have 2 friends that have more floor work than they can keep up with and neither are bonded. One of them has a lot of employees and probably should be bonded just because of the places they go while the other is a 1-man show and there is no need for a bond. But..... <<<<< what was that word???? ..... BUT... some places will want you to be bonded in order to do their floor work. The one guy does floor work for all the big chain stores and none have ever wanted him bonded but I'm sure you will run in to some guy that thinks he's Barney Fife and want you to be bonded. With all the floor work out there you can pass on that job and stay plenty busy I'm sure.

As for getting insurance if you choose.... call your local insurance guy/gal and they will know exactly what you need. They do that stuff every day.

As for price.... no one can give you an idea of what price people in your area are charging because we have no idea where you are! If you fill in your location in your profile we will always be able to help you with those types of questions.
post #5 of Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info sprintcar, yea they said if i or the employees brake something, i guess they heard wrong and told me what they heard. but thanks, im not going to worry about bonding right now.

im going to bid for all my bosses floor jobs, he mainly does janitoral work and since i handle the floors ima just take over and start my own business. he has no problem with me doing that..

my location is florida,..

how long you bin in the industry for and what are you best at. ?
post #6 of Old 05-02-2011, 01:58 AM

I've been in business since 1998 and I'm best at talking crap on the internet. lmao

As for cleaning, we do residential. It's all the same to me.... I can do about any of it with my eyes closed. I'm not a buffer though. Not sure why I always sucked at that.
post #7 of Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

lol haha yea i noticed u give it to people lol hey i dont blame u, u been doing it for a long time. ...

yea i love doing floors. i worked for companys but now i decided to be the boss and have my own company, im 24 so i got plenty to learn from guys like you.

i take pride when i do floors, my boss loves how i do work. but let me ask u for advice, theres this building my boss got the contract for tonight was the first night i did work in it, but my boss dont realy want to do there floors its marbal the previous company messed them up, my boss said its going to be like 2,000 for each floor to get done right and theres 3 floors, the manager of the building, he said she wont pay for that, so i see she cheap, u think its good to give a price under 2,000 so i can get the account and show her the work i can do?
post #8 of Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Are you sure you can do the job without messing it up?

How much under $2,000 are you going to bid?

How long do you think the job will take?
post #9 of Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

yea i can do the job, my friend going to help me, between me and him we can do it quick.

well the squar ft is about 1,200, and the other 2 floors has the same exact layout .

what would u bid for it? if u dont mind me asking.

at 1,200 sq i was thinking like .50 cents per sq for the lowest and 1.00 per sq the highest. whats your input?
post #10 of Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM

Quick to me and quick to you are probably 2 different things. So, how long do you think it will take?

Anyone can do the job..... but can you do the job without messing it up is the question? And can you do it 'quick' without messing it up?
post #11 of Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

I say bout I can do a 1,200 under 2 hrs and yea when I work Im clean. Im anal about messes
post #12 of Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 AM

Now keep in mind I'm no professional floor guy but... how did the other people mess the floor up? What did they do to it? And, what are you going to do to it?

Remember, although marble IS a stone and it IS porous, it is so hard it's almost not porous at all. The only thing you could do to it is take a red pad or maybe a black pad with some soap and water and wash it. I don't think it should have any type of sealer or anything.... but like I said... I'm no professional marble floor guy.

What's you plan for the floor?
post #13 of Old 05-03-2011, 01:24 AM

Just an after thought... does it have grout lines? Are they dirty? Is that what they messed up? If the grout lines are dirty what are your plans to make them clean?
post #14 of Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

theres no grout lines like u see for tiles were theres a gap between the tile. the only line u see is wen the tile butts up to the next til.

the previous contracter either they try to strip it but on certin spots u see like it has bleech or they let the stripper sit to long, but its in a few areas, thats what i was thinking of doing hitting it with a black pad to clean off what ever is on top and take off the stripper. i rather re strip the hole thing were its like starting over, cause i dont like to keep some ones old work on there and try to polish it i rather re do it all so i can show how my work is.

im looking around for different chemicals to strip it to get off the old stripper.

u know or heard of anygood chemicals, my boss got nutrilizer and i dont think thats strong enough and he dont want to put effort into the floors thats why im starting my own and going to bid for it.

u know any sites for chemicals
post #15 of Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 PM

No, I don't. Give it a google and I'm sure you can find something.
post #16 of Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 PM

You guys are off topic

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #17 of Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 AM

Yeah, since I've been on the internet in December 1998, most of the best topics were off topic.
post #18 of Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 PM

I was thinking about this today and while I would rather not put a finish on the marble if it was me, if the person in charge is an el cheapo, a good finish on top would probably be the way to go. I'm not sure about any type of finish on marble so you should prolly research it a little. Does it have a finish already on it or no?
post #19 of Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

hey sprintcar, sorry for the late respons been busy with famly and business but yea they have a finish on it already but i think they manager in charge is a cheapo lol. i dont get some business owners they go the cheap way and end up paying more to RE FIX the job anyways lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode