Just started cleaning office and would like some tips - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Just started cleaning office and would like some tips

Hello I just started cleaning a smallish office building and would like some tips on cleaning. I was just hired and have to do the whole building every weekday. Some quick questions:

When would I empty the small office garbage bins? Sometimes there's only a coffee cup and I replace the whole bag, but this seems pointless to me and I feel like I can just dump the cup in a big garbage bag and leave the bag in the bin alone. But what if there's gum or only a banana peel in a bag? Should I change it then?

I spray disinfectant on the toilet seat/handle and wipe it with a rag. When would I throw the rag out, because they seem to get dirty really quick.

I'm just a beginner so tips are greatly appreciated. It takes me about 3 hours to clean the building a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-25-2012, 12:37 PM

Answers to your questions

I would honestly have to say that when you are there to empty garbage bins you empty all the ones that have garbage in them, change the bag IF it has stains from the coffee cup of gum is stuck to it. But just curious, you said you just got started cleaning this office and you're doing it on a daily weekday, how much did you charge them?
post #3 of Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM

Answer

If a trash can has any food or liquid container (even only one) change the bag as any remnants may start to stink quickly. If the trash can has only paper, dump the paper into a larger bag and leave the liner alone if it is clean. When a restroom rag is dirty, CHANGE IT! Restrooms need to be as sanitary as possible.

By the way, how big is the building (square feet)?

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kleen Queen View Post
But just curious, you said you just got started cleaning this office and you're doing it on a daily weekday, how much did you charge them?
I'm not the one that got the contract, I'm just doing the work for the guy who has the contract. I think he's getting at least $30/hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSAJanitor View Post
By the way, how big is the building (square feet)?
No idea, as I said above I don't own the contract, I just do the work. I'm gonna throw a random # out there and say over 5000 square feet.

And thanks for the help people!
post #5 of Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 PM

If you are suppose the be a sub contractor make sure you are being paid and treated like a sub contractor. If not, you might not like April 15 2013.

Visit... irs.gov

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode