Move out cleans - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-06-2014, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Move out cleans

In a home that is empty. Does a deep clean usually include inside of oven and fridge? Or does that usually cost extra?

I have my first quote on a move out.
thank you

Last edited by raelyn; 03-06-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 PM

When it's a move out, I always clean everything, including the oven and fridge. Those are usually the things left out of regular cleaning tasks, so they're definitely in need of a deep clean at move out.
post #3 of Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelyn View Post
In a home that is empty. Does a deep clean usually include inside of oven and fridge? Or does that usually cost extra?

thank you
I believe it is absolutely necessary to deep clean every item left behind as the family which is going to move in next is going to feel so at home at the very first sight if the house being neat.A deep clean includes the thorough cleaning of the oven and fridge as these items are not something which can be replaced on a monthly or even yearly basis and so have to be maintained to minimize repairs and maintenance charges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-11-2014, 08:27 AM

Our move in/out cleanings include the inside of the fridge, oven, inside and out of windows (outside of windows if accessible from the inside of the home), inside of medicine cabinets, inside of all cabinets (kitchen and bath), inside of all built-ins (shelves, etc), inside closets (linen, storage), wiping all utilities (hot water heater, etc), cleaning the inside and out of washing machines and dryers, cleaning the pan the washer sits on if there, cleaning the inside of the dishwasher, removing ashes and other debris from the inside of fireplaces, cleaning any walls that do not have flat paint (you can take flat paint off the walls when scrubbing), and the usual cleaning of the bathrooms, kitchen and other rooms. We offer carpet shampooing separately.

Pricing includes everything except the carpet cleaning.

The property MUST be empty and ALL maintenance work must be done (if a rental) prior to us cleaning. We are not responsible for any cleaning if other trades will be in the property after we clean. If the property is NOT empty, we charge a fee for not being able to clean. The fee is similar to a lock out fee.
post #5 of Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelyn View Post

thank you
Hi Raelyn

I actually work for a cleaning company and we would love to help you!
visit our website and give us shout!

Or you can email me on [email protected] proendoftenancycleaning. co. uk

professional end of tenancy cleaning co uk

it wont let me post the proper website!!

Hope this helps!!

we look forward to hear from you!

Dania
post #6 of Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 PM

We always charge extra for an oven. Mostly because we don't know if it is shelf cleaning or not. Self-Cleaning oven takes about 15 minutes to clean but a non-self-cleaning takes at least an hour. Hope that helps!
post #7 of Old 03-14-2014, 06:32 AM

Yes, definitely you should clean the oven and fridge also.
post #8 of Old 03-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Location: White Lake, MI (hometown: Bronx, NYC...adopted hometown: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL)
I offered 3 different levels of move-in / out cleans. My top tiered one was full-service similar to what kathyfuka described. The lowest tier did not include windows, inside appliances, and such. Some people actually don't care about certain areas and/or don't want to spend the extra money. At times there are no appliances if they are being switched out for whatever reason and I deducted accordingly from the packages (my top and mid) that included all inside appliance cleaning.

You will typically be expected to clean under and the back of fridges / ovens. I would clarify this with the client (depending on how picky they are, they may or may not care). I never liked moving these things myself because I was always afraid to damage the floor (I have run into some that were super heavy and not in perfect wheel-out condition, plus I'm kind of little). Finally, I just indicated if they wanted me to do that, the fridge/oven would have to be pulled out before I got there. Definitely check the oven first to see if it is self cleaning. You can request the cycle be run before the cleaning appointment or do it first thing upon arrival. Sometimes those cycles can take 4 hours.

One of the most hated parts of these types of cleaning was dealing with white (inside/out) cabinets. I learned to add extra to the quote in that case.

Last edited by lunamartinmi; 03-14-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo
post #9 of Old 03-21-2014, 12:47 PM

Inside oven and Fridge

you should include inside appliances in a moveout clean
post #10 of Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 AM

Green House Cleaning Services

Yeah... of course, deep cleaning required to clean each and every thing in home. Its not only include to clean oven and fridge but also include dishwasher, kitchen sink, light switches etc.

Last edited by cleanhome; 04-14-2014 at 05:36 AM. Reason: to correct word
post #11 of Old 04-14-2014, 10:12 AM

Wall Cleaning? Interesting, what type of mops do you use for that? Wall/Ceiling mops?

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #12 of Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 AM

Yes, you should definitely include them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode