?Need Help? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

?Need Help?

I actually have a few questions. I have been given a big opportunity lately to take my small cleaning business to a large post construction clean and remodel clean business. I am in St Louis MO and I do not know what I should charge for remodel clean and post construction clean if any one can help me. It will just be a final clean on both including windows on both. I also have a 2900 sq ft house to do a standard clean on and don't know what to charge I usually do smaller houses. Please Help. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 AM

You can charge $150 for 2900 sq.ft house on Bi-weekly basis. It is the standard charges.
post #3 of Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 AM

Cleaning

Cleaning Charges of a house is also depends upon the locality.
You can define cleaning charges by calculating the fees that you are charging now for small houses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-23-2014, 10:33 AM

$150 is pretty standard for a house in the NE area, I'd call some local cleaning companies and ask what they charge in your area for that size house.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #5 of Old 04-25-2014, 05:56 PM

If I read the original post correctly, the cleanings you may have the opportunity to do are post construction and post remodel.

Post construction cleanings are VERY different from regular initial or standard routine cleanings.

With post construction cleanings, you may be asked to remove debris from other trades, you will be required to remove stickers from appliances and windows, you will be required to clean the inside of all cabinets and drawers, you may be required to clean the inside of duct work. Most post construction cleanings need to place the home at a standard where the new home owner can move in and not have to worry about any dust, debris, etc. Virtually EVERY surface, both vertical and horizontal, will need to be touched.

Would you be required to remove paint that has dripped on hardwoods? Would you be required to remove excess grout or grout that has dropped on tiles in the kitchen and or bath?

What about the inside of the appliances - stove, fridge, microwave?

We charge by the square foot for post construction cleanings and for a 2,900 sq ft house....we are looking at well over $1,000 in the Baltimore area.
post #6 of Old 05-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Pricing for post construction cleanup is calculated by the sq ft. In canada the standard is 12 cents a sq ft
post #7 of Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 PM

DMJ, really? I charge .15 /sq ft and have been told that's really low....I've read on here others charge up to .25/sq ft

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #8 of Old 06-16-2014, 04:27 PM

These metrics are interesting but you really need to look at how long it is going to take you and what the rate you need is. Biggest thing that might make it hard is figuring out the total value of the opportunity. I assume that doing good for them will mean they feed you more business which means your marketing cost is cheaper for this type of business. That needs to be factored in. But don't let any metric drive your business by itself.

Jim
Pacific Steam
post #9 of Old 10-27-2014, 09:13 AM

If I were you, I'd call other companies ask for the charge like you're the real customer.
post #10 of Old 11-27-2014, 05:33 AM

For a post construction clean 15 per hour is a normal price.
post #11 of Old 12-05-2014, 02:13 PM

15 an hour? I haven't moved from the couch for 15 an hour since the mid 90's.

I do have a question. How is it going to help by calling other companies? No 2 companies are the same. Maybe rrauzat could call 3 companies and they all have atleast 7 employees. Those companies are working at an advantage that rrauzat doesn't have. They don't need to make as much profit per hour per employee to survive. This person could charge a little less psf, get more jobs by being cheaper and in the long run make more money while being cheaper.

Now let's take a company that has just 2 employees and has been in the same business for 10 years. They have their stuff together... know short cuts... have connections... = takes less money to do the job. They have to charge a little more than the company above but they have it down.... they are quick and good. This person will probably get burned out if they continue and not grow but for the time being, this is what they have to work with.

Now let's take a person that has 0 experience in that kind of cleaning. It will always = less profit in the end for the non experienced person. IF they have the money to survive through their own 'OJT' so-to-speak they could probably make it work. This person will need to scratch and claw (probably) because they can't charge what they need to make... it takes them longer to do the job. They make mistakes. They (usually) don't have connections that you sometimes need for things... what if something came up on a Saturday afternoon and they needed a dumpster... this person probably has no one to call. What's gong to happen when the painters were suppose to be out Wednesday, here it is Saturday afternoon and they just finish and you are suppose to have the house ready by Sunday? Oh wait... the painters left a mess everywhere and the bath tub is trashed with paint. Now that .12 or .15 sf ain't looking too good. But for the first company, the owner is at home watching tv while his workers are cleaning and when it's all said and done... if he does get screwed and comes out even or at a loss for some reason on a job... he will be ok. There are a ton more houses lined up within the next month for him to make money on.

Spin it any way you want... but calling other companies for prices is about the dumbest thing people do. That is what makes them go broke or atleast not make as much as they could for THEIR company. Use your calculator and figure out how much YOU need to make.... not how much another company needs to make.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode