Need a new vacuum - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Smile Need a new vacuum

I've done a fair amount of research and have narrowed my choice to a couple of models, but I'd like some input from ya'll. It will be used for post construction cleanup. In your opinion what's the most dependable vacuum you have found. Good suction? long cord, good hose stretch and stability. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Hi Wendel

I have seen many a post asking for vacuum preferences and it seems that vacuums are like cars, everyone has a favorite for completely different reasons.

I would suggest these thoughts though when you are comparing vacuums for any type of professional cleaning.

1) suction that bypasses the motor to keep your fans from getting damaged when solid items are sucked into the system
2) a long commerical cord (as you previously stated) so that you do not have to constantly have to find a new plug every 20 feet.
3) ergonomic handles to aid the operator from having hand and wrist problems
4) a manageable weight for carrying/ lifting (consider your smallest employee as well as your average employee in this decision)
5) on board attachments for above ground cleaning with a hose that is extendable a good distance from the vacuum without tipping the vacuum over (if you are looking for an upright as compared to a backpack vac)
6) a decent warranty on parts and construction (minimum 1 year under commercial usage)
7) decent pricing on replacement parts as well as any bags, belts, filters, etc... This is where some manufacturers will stiff you badly

FYI - We have a great vacuum vendor who will gladly discuss your needs with you and provide to you several options to choose from in our purchasing alliance. If you would like their information please let me know and I will gladly pass it on to you.
post #3 of Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Yes please. I'd like to get the info of your vacuum expert. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-18-2007, 11:52 PM

vacuum

Hello My wife and i do post construction clean ups. We have had great results with a pro team wide mouth backpack sweeper. My 2 cents worth. Thanks
post #5 of Old 03-19-2007, 12:13 AM

Wendel

the contact information is [email protected] - tell him that Theresa from ICPA sent you.
post #6 of Old 03-19-2007, 12:15 AM

OP

do you use the power head with your proteam? We do, otherwise our clients don't feel that we vacuumed because they do not see the lines
post #7 of Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 AM

We do on resi work. But not on comm. The proteam wide mouths have great suction. I like them on post const. cleaning for the heat vent clean outs. Your back can sure get sore after a long time of using them. I think even on comm jobs that somtimes you should use a upright or a powerhead. To get that deep down stuff. Thanks
post #8 of Old 03-19-2007, 12:36 AM

We use the proteam sierra's. I understand what you are saying about the long term strain on the back though, most of my people prefer to use the uprights as opposed to the back packs
post #9 of Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
Wendel

the contact information is [email protected] - tell him that Theresa from ICPA sent you.
Thanks theresa for the vacuum info. acually went to the site and checked it out. Backpack idea is interesting. Haven't used one.
post #10 of Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 PM

We use the pro team back pack vacumms and have had great results. Everything can be replaced when broke or if the motor goes you can replace. You dont have to trash the whole vac. Another good thing we like about the back pacs is the maneuverability and durability. The suction or vac power depends on the motor size. We have no problems with suction. We use small packs and the larger models and they work great. The super coach works better of course. Just remember to change vac bags, clean filters, and avoid sucking up water.
post #11 of Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 PM

I'm looking for an upright that can be both commercial/residential. I don't like Hoover (personally), but I don't have an idea for what to get. I've heard good things about Winsor Sensor. ???? Ideas? I just want to get a feel for what you all like or use. Thanks!
post #12 of Old 11-06-2007, 03:16 PM

I would like to say Royal back pack vac. I have owned one from day one. It is easy to clean. It is not loud. it has a 50 foot cord. I wont buy anything but Royal.
post #13 of Old 12-09-2007, 01:25 PM

I like Riccar
The back pack models drive me nuts because they can be very hot. I'm sure there are some models that aren't as hot however. I have been considering getting a back one for post construction commercial gigs.
post #14 of Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 PM

I've had good luck with Windsor Versamatics and Sensors. We have a Versamatic Plus we use at home. The hose pulls off easily, with a wand, for detail work.

NSS makes a really nice upright as well.

Hopefully soon I'll learn what the latest greatest machines are!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode