Need some advice - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to detailscleaning
Need some advice

Hello People it's Seth from Details Cleaning Service. Look recently I've hit a rough patch.. actually this is more like a lack of skill on my end. I'm a commercial and residential cleaning service, and I'm concerned for my company because I'm not turning over any contracts. I guess what I'm trying to ask is how do you go about getting commercial contracts? Short of calling places of business over the telephone I'm at a loss.

For cleaning tips and tricks go to http://detailscleaning.net/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Your guess is as good as mine. However most things will be word of mouth my friend. I talk to any and every about my business and even talked to a rep about getting the contract to the Bank Of America. You can always spend a bundle advertising but in a tight bind, I find this works best. Best of luck to you.

Jamel Dennis-SOAPrano's Cleaning LLC
www.soapranoscleaning.net
post #3 of Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

I think that's about as good as it'll get for me as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 AM

I think this is a common problem for all young and upcoming entrepreneurs who face the challenge of getting new clients and customers for their newly established business. I feel that getting in touch with an experienced person in the field and gaining the experience is the best.
post #5 of Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to greenglobetips
Hello there,

I think were in all the same situation..Were also in there.But we dont Give UP..So,what we did to get some contracts was to do some phone-calls,get some sales by going to other company that want to do cleaning,also,make your website top on your country in the google search,yahoo search or any search engine..Other thing may be do telemarketing that you can hire people to set up a appointment for you..

Cheers...

vancouver janitorial services
overtimebuildingmaintenance
post #6 of Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Do you have any kind of advertising or marketing budget? If you can only afford free advertising/marketing right now, I suggest hitting up all of the free local listing sites in your area.

craigslist.com (post daily in multiple sections)
Yelp
Merchant Circle
LinkedIn (create a company profile)
Local.com
ThinkLocal
and others

Just get your company name out there.
post #7 of Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by National Purity View Post
Do you have any kind of advertising or marketing budget? If you can only afford free advertising/marketing right now, I suggest hitting up all of the free local listing sites in your area.

Yelp
Merchant Circle
Local.com
ThinkLocal
and others

thanks this information was very useful

post #8 of Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by National Purity View Post

Yelp
Merchant Circle
Local.com
ThinkLocal
and others

Thank you so much...
post #9 of Old 11-16-2012, 06:36 AM

I know it is something that everybody fears but a good idea is to grab a business directory for your area and just ring up to try and set appointments.

Most people will try and hire somebody else to do this for them, but it is hard to find somebody decent who will do it for commission only.

Let's say you could close 1 out of 3 appointments you setup, and 25 phone calls resulted in an appointment setup, you know all you need to do is make 75 calls.

It is difficult but I think is one of the most cost effective ways to market yourself.
post #10 of Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 AM

Passing a contract to an agency depends on its popularity and positive experience at most of the sites it has worked. Hence while marketing your business you have to get good reviews of any client you serve and prefer to give your best on every call you get. As there is no problem with lacking anything in your service, you could also work as an affiliate or on commission basis with known agencies that will earn recommendation too for many sites.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode