Need tips for glass stovetop - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 8Likes
  • 8 Post By sfran7

post #1 of Old 11-14-2020, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Need tips for glass stovetop

Caked on everything on a glass stovetop. Water boils over when I'm cooking pasta, it's still cooking so I can't wipe it off right away and the pasta-y water is glued to the burner area when it has cooled down later. Other stuck residue from just not getting to it quickly enough. I've chipped at it with a butter knife, metal scraper, etc. I've let it done with baking soda and vinegar. This comes close but there is still obvious charred residue. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-18-2020, 08:44 AM

No thoughts about it.
post #3 of Old 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM

We clean homes that have glass stove tops.

The best cleaning method we found is making a cleaning paste baking soda, laundry soap and water.

Mix powder laundry soap, baking soda and water to form a thick paste.

Spread it on the stove top and let it sit for about 10-15 mins.

Use a non-scratch scouring pad to scrub the areas that are stained.

Rinse with warm water and dry with a cotton cloth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-23-2020, 04:35 AM

How to get rid from the fogging glasses

I have a tip for you that how to stop glasses fog when you wear mask see article at thenewsengine
post #5 of Old 11-25-2020, 06:38 AM

Thank you very much for your competent recommendation
post #6 of Old 12-04-2020, 08:55 AM

nice tips
post #7 of Old 12-04-2020, 09:00 AM

really good
post #8 of Old 12-09-2020, 07:18 AM

Thank you! nice tip! Does it work for ovens too?
post #9 of Old 12-10-2020, 12:57 PM

That's great
post #10 of Old 12-11-2020, 11:13 AM

cooooool tips!!!
post #11 of Old 12-14-2020, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the info
post #12 of Old 12-14-2020, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the info these are some really good tips
post #13 of Old 12-16-2020, 10:36 PM

Great thought @sfran7 ! Thanks for sharing the info with us!

Peter
post #14 of Old 12-23-2020, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. I've done just a baking soda paste. I'll try this with laundry detergent.
post #15 of Old 12-29-2020, 10:10 AM

For me, cooking on the stove is just a real challenge as there is always something going on. My food burns all the time, it turns out not tasty and I'm wasting my time. I have watched the training videos many times on how to properly regulate the heat on the stove so that it does not burn, I have good dishes, but still, nothing comes out.
post #16 of Old 12-31-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairman View Post
For me, cooking on the stove is just a real challenge as there is always something going on. My food burns all the time, it turns out not tasty and I'm wasting my time. I have watched the training videos many times on how to properly regulate the heat on the stove so that it does not burn, I have good dishes, but still, nothing comes out. Therefore, the multicooker became my salvation. I love rice and it is very simple and easy to cook in a slow cooker. The main thing is to thoroughly rinse it in a special rice washing before cooking. I also do a lot of other dishes in a slow cooker, I advise everyone to try it!
post #17 of Old 12-31-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairman View Post
For me, cooking on the stove is just a real challenge as there is always something going on. My food burns all the time, it turns out not tasty and I'm wasting my time. I have watched the training videos many times on how to properly regulate the heat on the stove so that it does not burn, I have good dishes, but still, nothing comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslolita123 View Post
Is there something more I should know before the purchase?
post #18 of Old 01-01-2021, 01:37 AM

Instructions for Cleaning a Ceramic Glass Stovetop:

These are the particular steps to follow if you have a smooth, ceramic glass stovetop in your kitchen.

Turn off and Cool Stovetop
Make sure that all controls are off and the stovetop is completely cool before you attempt to clean the surface.

Mix a Cleaning Solution
Fill a bowl with two cups of hot water and 1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid that contains a grease-cutting ingredient.

Apply the Cleaner
If you are using the dishwashing liquid cleaning solution, dip a sponge in the solution and wring it out slightly. Working in circles, wipe down the entire stovetop surface using the more abrasive side of the sponge. For areas that have cooked-on food, allow the solution to sit on the surface for several minutes to help soften the mess.

If you are using a commercial cooktop cleaner, follow the directions on the product label.

Wipe Away the Cleaning Solution
After cleaning, dip the sponge in fresh water and wipe away the soapy solution and any loose debris.

Tackle Tough-to-Remove Spots
If there are still areas with burned-on food, you will need to give them extra attention. Spray the messy area with distilled white vinegar and sprinkle with baking soda (it will foam!). Cover the area with a kitchen towel that has been soaked in hot water and then wrung out. Let the towel remain on the stovetop for at least 15 minutes and then wipe with a clean cloth to remove debris.

For really baked-on food, use a razor blade scraper to remove the mess. Hold the blade flat against the ceramic stovetop and gently scrape away the debris.

Rinse and Dry
Once the stovetop is clean, do a final wipe down with a sponge dipped in clean water to remove any residue. Dry with a microfiber towel for a streak-free finish.
post #19 of Old 01-06-2021, 06:55 AM

I have one of those stoves....I use those scott brite scrub pads..and paper towels....I went to lowes bought me a kit that has a scraper that you use on those stoves..plus there is a bottle of cleaner that comes with the kit too...you put the cleaner on first,let it set for a little while then take the scraper get all that will come off..off then use the other stuff....Good luck..It does work..Thats what I do to mine...I love my stove never had one before,untill now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode