Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

new to carpet cleaning need advice

7K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Lotus cleaning 
#1 ·
hi all I did carpet cleaning about 15 years ago and did ok at it I am looking at doing this again as a part/full time 2nd job for extra income I work from home anyway doing websites and seo so I know I can get on the first page in my area (Birmingham) I need some advice on the below any info would be good

1. carpet cleaning machines which are the best (airflex,alltec,prochem,extracta) I am looking at the prochem I would like a heater if possible
  2. looking to do mattresses cleaning, bed bug cleaning, what are the best chemicals or any advice on this
  3. Flame & Fire Proofing Treatments any good chemicals on this about which are the best
  4. acoustic ceiling cleaning
  5. hard floor cleaning (what tools or machine would I need for this that would fit onto lets say a prochem cleaning)
  6. any good websites that sell 2nd hand machines I know about gumtree and ebay only looking for something that will fit into a car estate
  7. 7 any advice would be most welcome on any matter to with carpet cleaning

#2 ·
I honestly think the best advice I can give you is this. Buy a lawn mower instead and get mowing accounts. Simple to get (you can get to the first page of Google easy), work is easier than carpets, you can mow a lawn or 2 in the evening or when ever you want and you don't have to constantly worry about getting people to call. Once you get your customer base, it is repeat business. And the best thing about mowing is that you can easily get enough accounts to have people mow for you and grow as large as you want. A couple of guys on youtube to watch..... Geek to freak fitness (he does mostly lawn care nowadays) and George Packard. While the Geek is funny, George knows his stuff for the most part.

Since you've done carpet cleaning before I don't have to explain the hassle with it.

#7 ·
Whether you have coffee stains on a cream-coloured carpet, crayon marks from cheeky toddlers, or simply a build-up of everyday dust and dirt, all carpets need a little care and attention every now and then. What puts many homeowners off of carpet cleaning is the effort involved in moving furniture and waiting for the fibres to dry, but carpet care doesn’t have to be difficult. If you’ve ever wanted to know how to clean carpets with ease, here are a few swift, simple ways to remove stubborn stains and lingering smells.

#8 ·
Carpet cleaning services take various forms. Steam cleaning or hot water extraction cleaning is one popular method, but dry cleaning also has its advantages. What are the differences between the two?
Steam cleaning uses equipment which sprays heated water that might have added chemicals onto the carpet. At the same time, the water is vacuumed up, along with the dirt the process dislodges and dissolves.
The equipment used might be portable units which plug into electrical outlets or truck mounted carpet cleaners.

#11 · (Edited)
Carpet Cleaning

Carpet Cleaning is an essential aspect of maintaining hygiene levels of residential and commercial properties. Carpets bring in a high risk of indoor pollution, thanks to the sheer amount of dust, particulate pollutants and dust mites they have the capacity to harbor. Carpets have the ability to stink and be stained, if made adequately dirty. While the traits might seem admirable for a being that is non living, it ruins the livability quotient of your space. There are various methods of carpet cleaning - you may either dust it the old school way, or you may simply vacuum it the old school way, or you may have it steamed and shampooed and sanitized the new age way. In a carpet cleaning services session, we perform a dry foam & an extraction treatment to shampoo the carpet, leaving it clean and soft once completed. The carpet will remain slightly moist for 3-4 hours after the treatment is complete

#16 ·
Lotus Cleaning offers family safe carpet cleaning, and it is our goal to see that your home remains clean and free of germs and toxins. You will not always see it, but daily traffic on your carpets leaves behind dirt and grime that, when it builds up, could leave a lasting effect on your health. Vacuuming helps, but it does not necessarily remove everything. Daily wear and tear, along with spills and stains, can lead to permanent damage to your carpet fibers. Not having your carpets regularly cleaned also increases allergens in your home, since your carpets will trap dirt, dust, and pet dander.

#17 ·
Our professionally trained carpet cleaning technicians are here to walk you through every step of the cleaning process, from the initial inspection to pre-spray and spotting and our speedy drying service, so your daily routine is not interrupted. Our truck-mounted water extraction method is designed to encapsulate and suspend dirt before we clean it, and there is little interference with your furniture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.