NO CHEMICALS!!!!!! Help!!! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-19-2014, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

NO CHEMICALS!!!!!! Help!!!

I'm just starting out and want to know if any of you green cleaners can help me with a starting list of home made and/or store bought chemical-free cleaners that I might need for all types of surfaces.

Wood?
Soap Scum?
Bleach substitute?
Grease?

Etc.
Etc.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-05-2015, 09:11 AM

Vinegar and baking soda are very good cleaners but I doubt they can be used on all types of surfaces.
post #3 of Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villy Scott View Post
Vinegar and baking soda are very good cleaners but I doubt they can be used on all types of surfaces.
Baking soda is pretty good for most types of surfaces but it also has its limitations. vinegar on the other had is quite strong so I don't recommend using it on delicate surfaces like granite. I use baking soda for toilets, sinks and tile grouts. First you dampen the surface then apply baking soda then let it sit for 2-5 mins depending on the difficulty of the surface. rinse then wipe the surface with a microfiber cloth or a kitchen paper towel.

anyways, why use alternatives? there are a lot of cleaning supplies that are rather cheap and effective that aren't as toxic.

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Visit www.northlandwholesale.com and enjoy massive daily discounts on office and cleaning supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-02-2015, 10:49 PM

Bar Keeper’s Friend, Krud Kutter, folex, vinegar, baking soda and Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
post #5 of Old 03-03-2015, 07:05 AM

I'm trying out different eco-friendly cleaners but not sure these are all real eco-friendly? But for bathrooms I love Method Tub & Tile - it smells so good! It does clean too, but if there's a lot of soap scum, I spray white vinegar & distilled water with some lemon essentials oil (I hate the smell of vinegar). The vinegar solution works really well.
For wood I have Method wood cleaner, but am trying a new one called Naturally It's Clean for wood floors. Or I'll use the Vinegar/Water and spray it on if the client wants me to use that.
I also use Greenshield Organics Bathroom Cleaner and All Purpose Cleaner. But I use Method Glass Cleaner for the mirrors; and Method Toilet bowl cleaner.
I've tried Meyer's all purpose cleaner and tub/tile cleaner but I can't stand the smell of them!!
post #6 of Old 03-14-2015, 12:34 PM

There are lots of good homemade recipe cleaners on Pinterest. I try to use green cleaners that I make myself. A good all purpose cleaner I use has 2 cups water, 2 tbsp Dr. Bronners soap, and a few drops of my favorite essential oil. I like tea tree oil because of its disinfecting quality. Its safe to use on marble and granite and stainless steel! I use Barkeepers Friend..its great for toilet bowl, rust stains, cleaning hard water stains off shower doors, stainless steel sinks...and more. I like to use Greased Lightening...love it for cleaning soap scum in tubs...melts right off. Mr Clean erasers. I recently discovered Liquid Gold wood cleaner (Walmart has it) and it really shines up wood nicely. It also is the only thing I use to shine up stainless steel appliances like refrigerators and ovens. I mean get out your sunglasses shiny!! Good luck!

Last edited by DLT55; 03-14-2015 at 12:38 PM.
post #7 of Old 03-19-2015, 11:33 AM

Citric acid for hard water and toilet bowls, baking soda and dish soap for soap scum and shining sinks, magic erasers for everything, a drop of dish soap and water for all-purpose cleaner, drop of dish soap and squirt of vinegar with hot water for hard floors, and rubbing alcohol, water, and cornstarch for windows and mirrors. Add essential oils as desired.

ETA not sure why people think bar keeper's friend is eco-friendly. It's VERY harsh and caustic.
post #8 of Old 03-20-2015, 05:18 AM

Home made cleaners do great deal of cleaning but remember, cleaning is not only dirt but also parasites and generally organism that are harmful.
So while they work, it might be better to use commercial.
post #9 of Old 03-23-2015, 02:03 AM

i think vinegar is best for cleaning. also need to get information from local available product, which use for cleaning purpose.
post #10 of Old 03-23-2015, 04:51 PM

All of the items you are looking for can easy be found on Google, just search something like:
"green" -surface- "cleaner"
post #11 of Old 05-22-2015, 08:07 AM

Strong All-Purpose Cleaner
Mix in a spray bottle:
1 tablespoon clear, nonsudsing ammonia
1 tablespoon clear dishwashing liquid
2 cups water
post #12 of Old 05-25-2015, 05:10 PM

You may find an online search will be useful. Maybe, Google something like "BEST GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS" or "BEST GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR YOUR HOME"...
post #13 of Old 06-17-2015, 11:05 AM

I like the Enzyme based cleaning products. Enzymatic product is great for cleaning up commercial kitchen floor and the food grease in the grout. Amazon & Amazon/Business has quite a few Organic type of cleaners, 1 of them is an Organic Acid based Shower cleaner. If you are a prime member free 2 day shipping. Then there is the ultimate in Green Cleaning...steam. I can whip thru a restroom in about 1/2 the time compared to the traditional restroom cleaning time. Brad Bd Janitorial.com
post #14 of Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 PM

Home made cleaner,might be good at home,but,not a good idea on commercial jobs,ohsa,they may inspect,and need to see msda sheets.
post #15 of Old 06-17-2015, 09:39 PM

I have yet been asked for an MSDS sheet. I found Krud Kutter to work really well--even on a floor under the gondolas at a market that had crap under there literally over 20 years!
post #16 of Old 06-17-2015, 11:36 PM

Yeah use green products, I always get my products from Jon Don because I am local in Chicago but you can order from their website.
post #17 of Old 07-17-2015, 10:03 AM

Check into the chemical company BIO-CLEAN. they are totally green and have good products!
post #18 of Old 07-19-2015, 10:55 PM

Before all actual cleaning solutions, you need a teriffic cleaning rag that works! Check this cleaning rag out at toryenclean.com . It can be used with water alone or the cleaning solutions you decide to use. Reusabe, easy to care for and cleans all smooth hard surfaces. Good luck!
post #19 of Old 07-20-2015, 08:37 AM

Lemon and Salt is better known for green cleaning. These are some most useful natural antibacterial disinfectant that is very effective for cleaning wooden cutting boards, bathtubs and places having tough stains.
To know more you can visit: http://blog.mobilejanitorialsupply.c...e-tough-areas/
post #20 of Old 08-11-2015, 06:26 AM

You can make your own castile shop at home for clean all things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode