Oily wall cleaning problem. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-15-2009, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Oily wall cleaning problem.

I have a wall next to my stove I canít change it to any further extent. So the wall is full of oily stains when I try to clean it off it wonít work.
Do you have an idea?

Best Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-26-2009, 02:34 AM

Just have a try with Mr muscle,It is much effective with this oil dirt...
All the best...
post #3 of Old 01-04-2010, 05:44 AM

Easy of bang is a better choice for irremovable,stinky scars,in kitchen,room and all those...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 AM

I can suggest you an irregular mothod...use a vinegar and salt...it works for me.
post #5 of Old 07-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Cheap degreaser a la Awesome or Mean Green and a scrubby pad always work for me ... even in nasty ass apt moveouts with years of grease buildup on and around the stove.
post #6 of Old 07-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Above might not be such a hot idea if the wall's painted though.

I have paint in my backsplash area at home. Started to peel it off with the thought of bolting up tile, glass or plastic or maybe just stripping the nice wood paneling and putting a thick coat of clear varnish on the area.

(Anyone with any knowhow have any thoughts on that last idea? I think it would look nice, but never saw anything like it or heard of anyone doing that.)
post #7 of Old 08-12-2010, 05:28 PM

TSP (trisodium phosphate ) is good for degreasing especially for tar and nicotine from ciggerettes.
post #8 of Old 08-12-2010, 07:23 PM

personally if the wall is painted, i would just clean off the grease as much as possible, sand the wall back and repaint or put up a glass splash back or tiles. If the grease and stuff from the stove has made a mess before, it will certainly do it again.
post #9 of Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonNewton View Post
I can suggest you an irregular mothod...use a vinegar and salt...it works for me.
I'm agree with Simon. The green cleaning methods works more than people expect you should try it.
post #10 of Old 12-18-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadwinhal View Post
Just have a try with Mr muscle,It is much effective with this oil dirt...
All the best...
haha with Mr. Muscle, everything will be alright.. LOL

love the way you lie
post #11 of Old 12-20-2010, 11:10 AM

Super Grease Buster

I have had good success in kithens with this product by Hillyard called Super Grease Buster.
http://www.baxtersales.com/catalog/c...o=HYD-156-1-GA

The Cleaning Consultant
Cleaning Solutions and Information
post #12 of Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 AM

To remove the oil from the wall, you have to use a sponge to clean the area. One of the technique ti remove the oil is add water to the cornstarch 1 TB at a time until a thick paste is formed and after that used it on the wall.
post #13 of Old 03-14-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpetchey View Post
To remove the oil from the wall, you have to use a sponge to clean the area. One of the technique ti remove the oil is add water to the cornstarch 1 TB at a time until a thick paste is formed and after that used it on the wall.
I'm totally agree with you.You'r 100% good that you have to use a sponge to clean the area....thanks for taking the opportunity to discuss this.
post #14 of Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 AM

I agree with simon..also Mr.Muscle works well as per my experience.I think we can use hot water to clean oily and greese things as well.
post #15 of Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 AM

You should place a newspaper on the wall back to stove like thus it escape wall to be oily... This is really a good idea please try it. Apart from this as you asked that what should you do to clean oily wall then I would like to suggest you for stuff that is called Greased Lightening it works wonders and it is cheap! I use it all the time.
post #16 of Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 AM

I think Easy of bang is a good choice. I Have also used them and I found it good cleaning product.
post #17 of Old 03-02-2013, 01:44 AM

Look for stains and delete them if when they are displayed on the floor or the wall. The backsplash is more prone to stains hence clean up after cooking food. Use quality kitchen tiles that are effervescent to dust, stain and spills.
post #18 of Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 AM

Try dish soap
post #19 of Old 04-01-2013, 12:53 PM

In my kitchen, I always prefer to use organic stuff. And when you finally do have it clean, you may need to repaint (is it bare wall?) and consider putting up a stainless steel or tile backsplash that's easier to scrub or wipe clean before the oil hardens.
post #20 of Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbpack View Post
I have a wall next to my stove I canít change it to any further extent. So the wall is full of oily stains when I try to clean it off it wonít work.
Do you have an idea?

Best Regards,
You can try cleaning it with lemon. its good to use as well with no harmful effects to hands. Scrub the area with a lemon and leave it for some time and then wipe it off with a soft cloth. Hope it helps you as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode