Pigmented white leather - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-25-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Pigmented white leather

Hello.

My parents bought a white (artificial) leather massage table about a year ago. It was rarely ever used and now they decided to sell it. But here is our problem:
Unfortunately they love red. And so they covered it with a red sheet. Wen uncovered, it released the surprise: the red paint from the sheet has penetrated deep into the white leather. Just so you get an idea of what I am talking about:

We are desperate. We have tried everything to get the red pigment out. From olive oil, hair spray, some german "Universal-lederbalsam" we were told it's gonna work (and ofcourse didn't) and other leather destroying substances I would rather not talk about. I don't realy think there is a solution to this, but it's worth trying. So I'm asking you:

Is there ANY way to make it white again? Or is our only option dying it pink and sell it as a "Barbie massage table"?

Thank you verry much.
Bree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 PM

post #3 of Old 07-26-2008, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Will that work? I mean ofcourse we thought about it, but we didn't belive white can cover red.

Does anybody has experience with dying somethig like that into a brighter color? Maybe if we comletely depigment the table first and then dye it, is that possible?

Thank you very much.
Bree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode